Closed Thread
Page 24 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1422232425263474 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I went to see my FS from my (now) former clinic and predictably he said we should go for donor eggs. That is until he heard that we had used fresh semen rather than the frozen we had stored before DH had chemo. He is now unsure whether the chemo residue affected the quality of the embryos. He then changed his advice to try again. We had already decided on that path but it was nice to have him affirm that. He was also very good about us changing clinics. It all seems like a positive start to our next journey on the IVF road.
    How did your meeting go @Chiefsgirl ? I hope you got positive vibes.

Hello to all the girls between cycles, in the middle of cycles, taking a break or incubating their bubs. I think that's everyone.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I am feeling rather blah. I saw a new FS today. He was very lovely, very forthcoming with information but basically said he didn't believe I had nk/immune issues (I was prepared for that) and that the reason why I haven't had any implantation in 5 cycles is egg quality/dor. He said I probably won't be able to do embryo banking as I don't get any quality embryo's, so it would be a waste of money.

On the plus side he does do the protocol I have been reading about agonist/antagonist conversion and depending on results is willing to give it a go with us. We have some more blood tests and DNA fragmentation testing of dh's sperm, back in a few weeks for results.

He did suggest we don't rule out de.

So then I go to my immune dr who basically said the immune meds I was on shd have done the trick it's egg quality! He did agree for one more lot of tests and has suggested l'arginine and l'cartinine for both DH and I for sperm and egg quality. I can't get back into him till the beginning of sept, so it looks like I won't be cycling again till late sep/ early oct.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (23-07-2014),faithandhopellove  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl.... I did already reply to you on the NKC thread, but I feel the same as you. So you've never had a glimmer of implantation either? After doing 8 full stim cycles with my own eggs, it was pretty clear that egg quality (and egg number) was the issue so I was happy to move on to donor eggs. Dr M's immune protocol was meant to do the trick - 3 cycles with Intrallipids didn't work, and we're 9dp6dt with the stronger IVIG to see if that worked (don't think so - not one single sign or symptom). So it looks like donor eggs, donor sperm and immune treatment doesn't work for me - there's no further explanation or avenues, just an old body, which doesn't make sense really since my periods always come regularly and my lining is always good. If this doesn't work we have two more donor frosties to try, then we will go to SA to see if young eggs do the trick.

Do you need to go back to see Dr M? I'm pretty sure that Dr M does phone consults and that these are quicker to make.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, have you POAS yet? Are you 9dp6dt with no AF?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lol emski could have been deadly man flu....I sent both my patients I caught the gastro off to hospital after being vomited on

feeling much better, back to work tonight and celebrated with some shopping. Bought some lovely fluffy bed socks for everyone that I hope they all like. I need to dye my hair, it's an emergency, I look like mrs Crabtree from Southpark right now.

stalking for updates . Best of luck everyone

Chiefsgirl looks like its u n me in sept/oct.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin... yes, today is 9pd6dt. AF is actually due tomorrow (Thurs) and to be honest I have the normal pre-AF signs last night and today - I keep trying to convince myself that they could be pregnancy signs, but I'm going to hold off POAS until tomorrow morning. In fact last night's signs I think were just from eating too much homemade beef pie!! Going out to fire brigade meeting and training tonight, so that will make the time go past quickly. Either way, I'm kind of glad to be close to finding out, one way or another. Thanks for thinking of me :-))

11. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Said a little prayer to the fertility gods for u tomorrow Bertie

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, hoping that the witch will stay away If egg number and quality is the issue, then DE should have had that covered

Chiefsgirl, well that's good that the new FS is willing to try AAC. Hope it does the trick

Butterfly, glad to hear you're feeling better. Your siggie explained the biopsy and freezing process at your clinic ( I was wondering about that) as mine were all just grown out to day 5 then anything looking ok was biopsied and frozen.

Em, MrsErinR, Precious, Chris, faith & anyone else cycling, between cycles or waiting

15. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Chiefsgirl  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    SpringRain..... yes, the quality of my sister's DEs were definitely better than mine ever were, as we did get three frosties with her, which we never had any in 8 full stim cycles with mine. However, she is 39, so the FS said that younger eggs may work better. I really couldn't quite work that out, because if a 39 years blast looks "excellent" wouldn't that be the same look as a 25 year one? But I'm gathering it's not the look, but what it's doing inside. But I do have immune issues, high ANA and NKCs, so I guess it's also my body and not just the embryos. Well, wait and see what the HPT says tomorrow :-)) Thanks everyone for wishing me well - it means such a lot to have all your support and encouragement xx

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (23-07-2014),SpringRain  (24-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck tomorrow Bertie.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (24-07-2014)