Closed Thread
Page 23 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I have been reading through the SA egg donation thread. Wow! Lots of information there. I am actually feeling quite relaxed about our next own egg IVF round. I know it's not the end of our journey now. if it doesn't work we have SA as a back up. We had a post surgery appointment at Concord hospital today and went to IKEA for a wander. DH and I paused at the kids furniture section but didn't linger too long. Maybe next year we will be looking for real.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    I hate the anaesthetic (I get sick and stay drowsy for ages) so I'd try EPU without it. I may change my mind though.
    Oh I loved the anaesthetic. My favourite part of IVF..hehe. I just woke up feeling so relaxed. Like I'd slept for 24 hours...brilliant stuff!

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (22-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was at a low cost clinic for my first 5 cycles. After the first cycle of the year an ivf cycle was only. 290 oop. If I used lucrin it went up to. 490. They would. It try anything out of the ordinary, you meet with your FS who writes up your protocol, but then you just see nurses, the doctor who does epu is just whomever is on roster, same for et and yes, twilight sedation WAS terrible, I'm looking forward to a ga at the next clinic!

First appt with Gavin sacks at ivfa tmw. Let's hope he has some ideas!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've had 3 GAs and 4 twilights and I'm pretty happy with the twilights. It is cool to just be knocked out but I'd rather save the cash and I really don't find it that uncomfortable. Plus you hear them finding the eggs which is great.

RPA is $1538 a cycle and they treat ladies over 40. I think I remember reading that they had an age limit but I can't remember what it was. 45 at a guess.
    @Butterfly39 how are you doing?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-07-2014),faithandhopellove  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Chiefsgirl, good luck for your appointment today, hope your new FS has some good ideas

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Me too! Medically monitored drugs are the best! Lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Chiefs I hope he has a lot of tricks up his sleeve for you. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bongley View Post
    I've had 3 GAs and 4 twilights and I'm pretty happy with the twilights. It is cool to just be knocked out but I'd rather save the cash and I really don't find it that uncomfortable. Plus you hear them finding the eggs which is great.

RPA is $1538 a cycle and they treat ladies over 40. I think I remember reading that they had an age limit but I can't remember what it was. 45 at a guess.
    @Butterfly39 how are you doing?
    Hi, I'm recovering from some kind of Ebola/cholera like gastro I picked up from a patient. It's been a while since I've exploded from both ends like that, lol. I was so sick I couldn't even bubhub, can you imagine? . DH said it was karma for my manflu jokes. Foiled again! Anyway had thought about cycling again straight off the back of that last one which would have made 3 in a row without breaks. Wda is soon off until Oct so after feeling like death warmed up I decided to wait until after he's back instead of squeezing another in.... He said my ovaries might be a bit sh!t anyway after that many egglets ....so I *suppose* will be sensible for once and start up again on the angry spray (synarel) end of sept or thereabouts.....

In the meantime I'm going snowboarding in a week - might as well seize the day and bust out of this crazy shell of appointments injections and general Ivf fiasco and have a thorough physical/mental/emotional break with DH., maybe work a bit of half pipe again and change my focus up a bit. I'm really looking forward to it, it's going to be great. And of course DH is silently air punching as I'm off the angry spray/hormones for a break. Stocked up on pain killers today for DH - if the 'slip on ice' video wasn't enough try imagining adding a snowboard. Looks cute in the helmet though. Except if he does anything embarrassing, or has a snow tantie, I usually just ride off.

hope ur all travelling along well
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 22-07-2014 at 16:02.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (22-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yowza, nasty! I've had two cases of gastro this year, plus bronchitis and a mysterious rash. I wonder if it's anything to do with the endless trips to the hospital this year for BT and US.
    I got to the snow last year, my son was 7 months old and we put him in daycare on the mountain (in NZ), it was great. Been toooo long.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Hi, I'm recovering from some kind of Ebola/cholera like gastro I picked up from a patient. It's been a while since I've exploded from both ends like that, lol. I was so sick I couldn't even bubhub, can you imagine? . DH said it was karma for my manflu jokes. Foiled again! Anyway had thought about cycling again straight off the back of that last one which would have made 3 in a row without breaks. Wda is soon off until Oct so after feeling like death warmed up I decided to wait until after he's back instead of squeezing another in.... He said my ovaries might be a bit sh!t anyway after that many egglets ....so I *suppose* will be sensible for once and start up again on the angry spray (synarel) end of sept or thereabouts.....

In the meantime I'm going snowboarding in a week - might as well seize the day and bust out of this crazy shell of appointments injections and general Ivf fiasco and have a thorough physical/mental/emotional break with DH., maybe work a bit of half pipe again and change my focus up a bit. I'm really looking forward to it, it's going to be great. And of course DH is silently air punching as I'm off the angry spray/hormones for a break. Stocked up on pain killers today for DH - if the 'slip on ice' video wasn't enough try imagining adding a snowboard. Looks cute in the helmet though. Except if he does anything embarrassing, or has a snow tantie, I usually just ride off.

hope ur all travelling along well
    I was going to say, are you sure you didn't contract the manflu?
    Glad to hear you're feeling better and enjoy your break.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app