Closed Thread
Page 21 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1119202122233171 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Day 2 report - 9 embies today, 4x 2 cells, 2x 3 cells, 3x 4 cells. They will be frozen. Embryologist thinks out of that lot I'll get 3-5 to biopsy.

Given my my fert rate was so poor (worst ever) she's wondering if it was a 'crap cycle'. We will see. Wonder what WDA will decide to do next.

dh still critical. He woke up TWICE last night apparently. Lol
    That sounds like a great fert rate to me, but then I had zero fert, so maybe I have low standards lol
    Sounds like things are still touch & go for your poor DH... I sometimes think it's like having another child hehehe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (18-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies
    Just a quick question.
    When did you stop taking your DHEA and cq10
    before you starting stimming or just before pick up
    thanks all
    xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Day 2 report - 9 embies today, 4x 2 cells, 2x 3 cells, 3x 4 cells. They will be frozen. Embryologist thinks out of that lot I'll get 3-5 to biopsy.

Given my my fert rate was so poor (worst ever) she's wondering if it was a 'crap cycle'. We will see. Wonder what WDA will decide to do next.

dh still critical. He woke up TWICE last night apparently. Lol
    That is a great fert rate I hope my first cycle will be successful.

LOL you cracked me up about DH and his man flu my DH just got over it recently maybe they need some of this.

man flu.jpg

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (18-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    image.jpgLol

global epidemic of whining as the link below shows *snort*

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/hea...-1226690430037
    Attached Images

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (18-07-2014),Precious40  (18-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ertgirl View Post
    That sounds like a great fert rate to me, but then I had zero fert, so maybe I have low standards lol
    Thanks ertgirl, ur right I'm probably just being retarded .... It's just we usually got 85-100%. Should be realistic, I aint to getting any younger dammit

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @Butterfly39 You have every right to feel disappointed if that's what you have achieved before. It's a hard balance between being optimistic, yet realistic and wanting to get the best results you can and trying to manage expectations. (hoping for the best and preparing for the worst is far easier to say than to actually do in my experience)

Sometimes it's hard when we go through this process and we try to convey disappointment when you know others have had it far,far worse. It doesn't make your troubles any less valid or upsetting.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Precious, I kept taking CoQ10 right through, during stims pick up and afterwards. I'm still taking it now until my FS says definitely no more stim cycles. Not sure about DHEA though, I've never taken it.

Butterfly, how does the testing and biopsy process work at your clinic?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a question for those who have investigated or gone through with donor eggs. I am still committed to doing a couple more cycles with my own eggs but am thinking about next options (as a way of keeping my spirits up if things don't go well). I have looked up a couple of options (USA and world egg bank) and comparing price, success rates, travel, tests required, accesibility of drugs and other things like anonymous donors is making my head spin. So I'm wondering how other people came to make their decision on where to go for donor eggs?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by faithandhopellove View Post
    I have a question for those who have investigated or gone through with donor eggs. I am still committed to doing a couple more cycles with my own eggs but am thinking about next options (as a way of keeping my spirits up if things don't go well). I have looked up a couple of options (USA and world egg bank) and comparing price, success rates, travel, tests required, accesibility of drugs and other things like anonymous donors is making my head spin. So I'm wondering how other people came to make their decision on where to go for donor eggs?
    Hi, we went to Cape Town, South Africa, my FS advised they weren't getting great results with TWEB here in Aus plus it cost close to 23k the USA was pretty expensive and again frozen eggs for a cheaper cycle.
    SA is reasonable once your there price wise 9k for all the medical stuff inc donor agency fees, Cape Fertility offer a frozen egg bank as a back up should your donor have a dud cycle, you can keep the excess embryos for FET cycles in the future, you choose your own donor by viewing comprehensive profiles ( baby photos only though) no language barrier, amazing food and accommodation, safe etc.
    Our cycle/trip inc spending money and amazing holiday for 12 days (staying 4 star) cost us about 15k. I'm 19 weeks now and have two frosties in Cape Town. You could do it in the off season april- aug for about 12k I would imagine.
    I hope that helps
    Em x
    Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski... 19 weeks - that's absolutely gone so quickly... or at least it seems to have gone so quickly when I think of all the cycles we did together and here you are pretty much at the half way mark. That's so fantastic, and I am so excited for you!!! You must be absolutely over the moon. Best wishes for the last half xx