Closed Thread
Page 20 of 102 FirstFirst ... 1018192021223070 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I hope your FS can give you some answers on why they didn't operate on your DH to get some good sperm @ertgirl I'm sorry I can't remember if you were going to try again? My mind is also swinging between wanting to just be happy with what we have and coming to terms with that possibility (which seems more and more likely with every passing month) but then getting the energy reserves to rev up for a new round of IVF. Urgh.
    @Butterfly39 what a great haul! You must be stoked! for fertilisation today
    @Twinkley good luck with starting your first cycle, synarel never really gave me too many issues, I hope its the same with you
    @faithhopeandlove reason to celebrate indeed! Hope that 5 years stays clear for him. you get that bub real soon too

congrats on being PUPO @MGC Bertie this is the one for you. I've got my little dancing emoticons all ready for your positive news.

AFM I am still lurking, waiting for AF. I've been trying to track when I'm likely to ovulate and it just feels laughably futile really but I guess ya gotta try. Last time I waited for my natural period (back at xmas time) it was 8 weeks and it still hadn't turned up. My hormones must be a mess. 42nd birthday is looming.

good luck everyone!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014),Twinkley  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Bongley af will show soon I'm sure.
    @ertgirl I completely understand you wanting another bubba. Go for it ! At least you know what you're in for on both the Ivf and the baby front. No harm in trying just the bank balance and money is only there to make you happy anyway.
    @Twinkley good luck

afm

Fert results are in >>

19 collected, 16 mature
    2 fert incorrectly 5 didn't fertilise
    9 fertilised normally.

Ive never done icsi before as we always have good fert rates. I wonder if they didn't like it so much. Also this is I suppose what is to be expected from 41 year old eggs - scientist expects 90% to be rubbish.

we are going to grow the embies out to tomorrow to get an idea of quality and try and use this info to estimate whether to do 1 further cycle or two. Knowing my luck it will still be two more. Wda going away no probably no further action until October which gives me a chance to be in the best shape possible. A forced hiatus isn't looking so bad after everything.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 15-07-2014 at 11:07.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (15-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014),Twinkley  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    9 embies! thats still a very good haul @Butterfly39 how many do you usually get at that stage? another cycle or two and you'll have a great stash I would have thought. At what point will they be frozen?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, glad to hear you're PUPO! That you have a great looking blastie on board sounds very positive.

Butterfly, 19 eggs with 16 mature is fantastic, you must be so pleased. Hoping lots make it through to biopsy. Best wishes for a quick recovery for you, and for the manflu patient. I had a very similar result for my first CGH cycle, my FS's comment was "that's as good as it gets at 41". Glad to hear WDA got to the polyp and its gone.

Bongley, hope you aren't waiting too long.

Faith, that's great news that DH has the all clear.

Twinkley, best wishes for next Monday and a great first cycle.

ertgirl, hope your FS can give you a way forward

Em, MrsErinR, Chris, Grace, Precious and everyone else.

8. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (15-07-2014),Butterfly39  (15-07-2014),faithandhopellove  (15-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014),Twinkley  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly..... congrats on your 9 embies. That sounds very positive for banking up. Hope they all grow well overnight.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    THanks ladies I am a bit relieved that cycle is over. I feel fine at the moment all things considered. Just a bit worn out from all the travelling.

@SpringRain it probably is as good as it gets at 41 let's face it.
    @faith how did your celebrations go?
    @Bongley discussed all options with embryologist, we will grow until tomorrow then see how they look then she will use this quality assessment to estimate how many more cycles I'll need. I'd rather bank more than less, you get this far and there's no point being budget. So I don't get a new car this year, who cares, I won't be happy until I get a baby to go in the car anyway!

I ask so many questions of everyone on my treatment team, in minute detail, I feel like this is me and DH now

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ErRHJlE4PGI

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Bertie and Butterfly, I have my fingers crossed for you both x

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Bongley Thank you good to know that Synarel never gave you too many issues hoping it will be same for me too Good luck with AF turning up soon for you so you can track ovulation I know mine is all over the show too so its really hard to track. I had my nauthuropath recommend using a saliva scope to track ovulation which worked really well.

@Butterfly39 thanks good luck with your 9 Fertilised and however many cycles you do next.

@SpringRain Thank you good luck with wherever you are up to in your cycle.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Day 2 report - 9 embies today, 4x 2 cells, 2x 3 cells, 3x 4 cells. They will be frozen. Embryologist thinks out of that lot I'll get 3-5 to biopsy.

Given my my fert rate was so poor (worst ever) she's wondering if it was a 'crap cycle'. We will see. Wonder what WDA will decide to do next.

dh still critical. He woke up TWICE last night apparently. Lol

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (16-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh Butterfly... twice!! in one whole night!! I'm in hysterics here reading that!! I probably wake up more than that on a normal night :-)