Closed Thread
Page 14 of 102 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thanks girls - any recommendations on reputable pharmacy grade dhea and melatonin for online purchase?

Chiefs will check out that source for melatonin. How much did you take?

Thanks
    Reviews
    A question for those who've had FETs before.... my FS is getting me to do a natural FET (as AF always comes regularly), so he said that I won't have to take any progesterone pessaries at all. I was surprised about this, thinking that you still needed something after the FET, but he said that my body will produce what I need, just like in a regular pregnancy. Is this correct? Also, I've had a dreadful cold and cough for the past 7 days. The cough is still persistent and my whole body feels like it has gone through the wars, that now I'm doubting whether to proceed with the FET (which would be either this Friday or next Monday). I feel like my body is having enough trouble fighting off this cough, without having it try to get an embie to stick - or am I thinking this wrong and it won't be a problem?
    Last edited by MGC Bertie; 06-07-2014 at 20:03.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bertie, so exciting to hear your FET is coming up! When I did a natural FET of a day 5 embie, I went into the clinic for BT's almost daily from around CD10-12 onwards while they were looking for O, then afterwards as well to track hormone levels. If yours are in the range they look for, then you might not need any pessaries.
    What has your FS said about whether or not they recommend transfer during a cold? When I asked my FS that (I had a cold during one of the transfers) she said that it would only be a problem if I had a fever. Hope everything works out for you FET, sending you heaps of good vibes

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    A question for those who've had FETs before.... my FS is getting me to do a natural FET (as AF always comes regularly), so he said that I won't have to take any progesterone pessaries at all. I was surprised about this, thinking that you still needed something after the FET, but he said that my body will produce what I need, just like in a regular pregnancy. Is this correct? Also, I've had a dreadful cold and cough for the past 7 days. The cough is still persistent and my whole body feels like it has gone through the wars, that now I'm doubting whether to proceed with the FET (which would be either this Friday or next Monday). I feel like my body is having enough trouble fighting off this cough, without having it try to get an embie to stick - or am I thinking this wrong and it won't be a problem?
    When is transfer date scheduled?
    do you have time for a course of augmentin &rulide before transfer? (5 days taken together)- (Kills atypical bugs which tend to linger). H1n1 and some types of 'flu' specifically have been associated with miscarriage so I think you're on the money being extra cautious. I would think if you had any form of diarrhoea you should definitely postpone.

no progesterone on a natural is the rule unless you're low, but then I don't think it would do any harm either.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 06-07-2014 at 22:57.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Regarding DHEA there are some concerns it may be harmful especially in those prone to higher levels of androgens such as seen in older women, women with Diminished Ovarian Reserve and those who have PCOS and I think there is really little evidence to support its use generally. Dr sher has written about these ideas.

my dose of melatonin is 5mg at night. Most of the studies which showed benefit have used very high doses, but we don't have much long term info regarding long term safety.

vitamin d is a biggie now and I must also say I think after taking 1000iu of vit e a day some of my wrinkles have disappeared. Just sayin.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 06-07-2014 at 22:56.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Butterfly that is interesting! I had read a few points on it potentially doing more harm than good in women with higher levels of androgens (although I didn't know higher levels of androgens and DOR went hand in hand?) it was a slight red flag for me as I had pretty bad acne as a teenager (good skin now thank god) and went on the pill in my late teens to control it. Not sure if I have high levels or not but I do have DOR as well. Might be best to avoid until I can talk to my (hopefully new) FS first.

Thanks
    Reviews
    And I'm out to buy vit e tomorrow

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Precious40 View Post
    @biscotti hope egg pick up went really well and all fertilised xxx
    t was no eggs on Friday. I feel numb.
    Will ring FS tomorrow. The fear of the unknown...Will be better after sleep.
    Thank you for thinking of me🙏

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Biscotti71. I am so sorry. Not sure what to say. Know that I am thinking of you and DH at this tine xxx

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls just popping in, I know I dont post much anymore but I still read along.

Biscotti hope you're doing ok. Sorry to hear about your cycle. Its so disappointing and unfair.

Grace- you were asking about pdg. After doing around 10 cycles of ivf I really wish I had of done pdg from the start. Yes the extra expense can be a killer but it certainly would have saved me significant $ in the long run. And also helped with some of the emotional disappointment when cycles didnt work or ended in miscarriage possibly due to abnormal embryos. Maybe try first cycle without but if your getting decent numbers of embryos each time id test if you can afford to.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Chris9 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (07-07-2014)