Closed Thread
Page 13 of 102 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove thanks for your reply, it will be interesting to see what your new FS advises. I've only seen one FS so I wondered if it was a standard thing that was recommended for everyone over 40. @SpringRain thanks also for your reply. I know what you mean about the expense of pgd, it would really add up especially if having to do a couple of stim cycles to get enough to test. (I assume you are doing the American one)?
    So with your 3 embies that were inconclusive/no result/unknown, do they still get frozen to be used in the future?

Thanks again ladies, nice to talk to those that have experience with this!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grace, my pgd was all done locally in Sydney. The ones that were inconclusive/ unknown were frozen, only the definitely abnormal ones were discarded. I'm not sure if it is recommended routinely to those over 40 - when I first saw my FS it was mentioned, but I was told during my first 2 stim cycles that it wasn't needed, and it was only brought up later. However I've met others who have had it recommended straight up. I think it depends on the individual situation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Biscotti71, how did EPU go lovely, hope you're traveling okay today.

Just a question for the other girls here with really low amh - wondering which of you have tried dhea and if you had success or even just better egg numbers or quality after being on it?

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70. I've been on DHEA for about five cycles now. For my age 40, I get approx 4 to 6 eggs. My fertilisation rate is always around 50% or more. The one cycle I didn't use DHEA, it was cancelled . My last one. Hope this helps
    hugs to all u ladies
    im just sitting in the background ATM as I'm not cycling again till start of August
    xxxxx

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @biscotti hope egg pick up went really well and all fertilised xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much Precious40, wow - re the one cycle being cancelled. Sounds like this stuff works. Is your amh low too I take it? Do you take dhea as prescribed by your FS or just ordered online kind of thing? Are the side effects as scary as reported?

Massive luck for your August cycle.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Kelly70. Yeah my amh is really low. Not sure exactly but my FS was concerned at it being low. I'm in WA and my clinic has a pharmacy close by and it's a compound so they have to make it up in tablet form. I had a prescription from the FS. Not sure how to get it otherwise. I'm on 50mg a day. I've also just started taking coq10. Not sure of this but I'm giving it a go. As for side affects I haven't had any. I take it in the morning. Maybe a few pimples just before af and washing hair every three days instead of every four.... Not much really. I only take it six weeks before cycle starts normally and then if I'm having a scratch only four weeks. I do stop it the day i start stimming though. I believe it works. I might not get quantity but I seem to get quality.
    Have u spoken to your FS or you want to try?
    Good luck xx

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Precious40 For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Precious40, I am in the middle of deciding whether to switch clinics for my next cycle - my existing FS doesn't seem to prescribe DHEA but I know the one I am hoping to go does prescribe it. I am not sure how long it will be until I get in to see the new doc, if she takes me, so I was thinking of buying some online to tide me over/get my started until I can get a proper script. I can see some supposed pharmacy grade dhea online but who knows as to the quality.

I've been on 300mgs of naturopath prescribed C0Q10 for nearly 6 months.. made no difference in terms of my cycle, but I will stay on it. I am interested in getting on some melatonin as well.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Precious40  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Kelly70 I buy melatonin from iherb.com 21st century brand 5mg, not sure if it helped quality, but it did help sleep!

I was on dhea for the first time last cycle, not sure if it made a difference, but I'll be doing it again. I'll also do saizen again. I'm also on lots of vitamins as well as coq10, vit d3, vit e, fish oil etc etc

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chiefsgirl For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (06-07-2014),Precious40  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly70 View Post
    Thanks Precious40, I am in the middle of deciding whether to switch clinics for my next cycle - my existing FS doesn't seem to prescribe DHEA but I know the one I am hoping to go does prescribe it. I am not sure how long it will be until I get in to see the new doc, if she takes me, so I was thinking of buying some online to tide me over/get my started until I can get a proper script. I can see some supposed pharmacy grade dhea online but who knows as to the quality.

I've been on 300mgs of naturopath prescribed C0Q10 for nearly 6 months.. made no difference in terms of my cycle, but I will stay on it. I am interested in getting on some melatonin as well.
    Hey @Kelly70 just another experience with DHEA; I used it for my last cycle. I'm nearly 41, I got 5 eggs. 2 were fragmented, 2 were immature & the only good one failed to fert, so I don't think it helped much with my eggies. There does seem to be a lot of evidence for it, so I'd definitely give it a shot. Maybe just don't expect it to be a wonder drug. I have an AMH of 4, if that's any help. As for side effects, I found my skin looks amazing; maybe a few pimples. My hair did get quite greasy & my scalp got really itchy; I work with kids & kept being paranoid that I had head lice lol. Good luck Hun; you've had a tough time xx

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ertgirl For This Useful Post:

Kelly70  (06-07-2014)