Closed Thread
Page 12 of 102 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @faithandhopellove @MrsErinR Thanks ladies for the information that makes sense with it lapping over cycles.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    You're at the exciting end of the cycle @biscotti. Double fx and praying for a succesful EPU and transfer for you.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Massive luck Biscotti71, cheering for you girl!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck Biscotti
    to everyone else - I do still read along to cheer you all on!

Em xx

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (03-07-2014),Butterfly39  (05-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot for the positives my over 40s ivf baby buddies!!!
    Trigger went well. I sat there, ready with needle in hand and as the numbers changed to 11:00 that needle went in. No sting, easy peasy for such a contraption.
    I also did my last Luveris potion mix and jab last night.
    Best of all - I slipped into bed on our new super deluxe mattress. Ahhh! It's a cloud and I have slept so well.
    So off to hosp on Friday. Even though there are not many eggs in my nest we decided to go for it. I've calculated we may be able to get two if the size 11 follie grows at the accepted rate of 2m a day then there may be another viable egg to harvest. However, the size 22 seems to be on the money and given my E2 reading of over 400 - this could be the one golden egg. As far as lining goes - I'm spot on measuring at 7.9.
    By all accounts we've done all we can do. The possibility of more follies per cycle are slim for me as I'm on max drugs and clinical results seem to be forming regarding my response, cycle and prob outcome. So, as my DH says "nothing ventured, nothing gained." Love him!
    FX✨👶✨

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti, good luck for EPU, and best wishes for a quick recovery

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,
    I hope you don't mind me popping in! I'm 40 & will be starting IVF/ICSI for the first time in 2 weeks. My FS mentioned PGD testing to us (for age related chromosomal abnormalities) & wondered what others thoughts and experiences were ? Initially we thought it sounded good as she said it increases the pregnancy rate from 25% to 55%, but she also said at my age, she would only expect to get 1 or maybe if we're lucky 2 embies. Now I'm starting to wonder if it's worth risking them getting damaged in the process or not surviving the freeze/thaw? Is it better just to go without it?
    We are really struggling with this, any advice would be much appreciated. The nurse said we can change our mind right up till day 5, but we would like to have a plan if that's at all possible with this ivf!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti Good luck with your EPU and hope you have a speedy recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Twinkley For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (04-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Grace1 . I was keen on PGD testing before we started but our FS advised us against it. He siad in his experience the embies that grew best were the ones free from genetic problems. Also doing day 5 transfers they can detect some abnormal growth. I have since learned though that they don't offer that service at my clinic so I would have had to go to another branch. So perhaps they didn't want to lose a client. In the end it was the extra cost that decided it for us. we are changing clinics though so am interested in what the new FS advises.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Grace, I've completed 3 cycles and had PGD/CGH on them. My FS suggested this after 5 transfers with 3 BFN's, 1 chem and 1 m/C. As far as I know, my embies all re-sealed themselves after biopsy and were frozen. All the ones I've had defrosted have survived and continued to develop, but those were prior to PGD. I haven't had transfers yet (need to save up again - all that PGD was expensive). My FS told me it does significantly up the odds for a successful pregnancy if you have normal ones though. I did some research and it seemed that I'd have to commit to more than 1 round to get enough embies to test, and I found that to be true. I had one round where none were normal, but the other rounds had normal ones in them. It does seem to be luck of the draw, and a numbers game. I do have ones where the results were inconclusive or unknown - out of 3 rounds, 2 were normal, 2 were abnormal and 3 were inconclusive/unknonwn/ no result, so even after all that effort, there is a chance you might not end up with a definitive answer for some.

IF you haven't had any goes at IVF before, you might want to try without it. From my viewpoint though, after 5 transfers and no success, it will be worth it if it results in a successful pregnancy. @Butterfly39 is also doing some PGD rounds. Best wishes for your cycles and making a decision that's right for you

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

emski72  (04-07-2014),faithandhopellove  (04-07-2014)