Closed Thread
Page 1 of 102 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default IVF over 40 #10

We all need a laugh so read this at my expense - today was egg collection and I knew I had 8 folliclesof which 3 were never going to be able to be fertilised. I was so surprised when I woke up from surgeryand only had a 5 on my hand, I was freaking out thinking well where are theother 3 as I KNEW there were 8.
    I had never really thought about the actual collectionprocess in theatre, I just assumed that all my follicles were removed and putin a dish and then they looked for the egg and separated it. So that is why I was wondering where were myother 3 eggs. ! I was thinking my bodymust have absorbed them or something.
    So I asked the nurse – and I learnt something new today(which I am sure you all know) - the folliclesare not actually removed. The DR drains them inside us and if there is an eggit comes out via a tube….I had to laughas I was picturing all these petri dishes in theatre (ok so you can all laughnow as I have been doing IVF since 2009)….so overall I am happy as now I know what the number on my hand meansafter all my ultrasounds I really thought there would only be 3 : )

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2014),Twocam  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So had EPU up today, I got 5 eggs and got the call thisafternoon to say the scientist injected all 5. So that is good news, only got 4last cycle. So saying a few prayers and speaking to a few angles above to keepthese eggs growing. I just want one (orif I am completely honest 2) to transfer….
    Am feeling very bloated, and sore, much more this month thanwith last EPU in April…will be very anxious tomorrow morning waiting for thephone call…..
    Faithandhopellove – hope you are ok after today…
    Goodluck to the girls about to start their new cycle.Fingers crossed for everyone….

4. The Following User Says Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @GnH that's awesome news! 5 is a great number! for you.
    P.S. Had a little chuckle about your follies. They've done a good job for you this time for the fert rates hun, cheering for you

Thanks
    Reviews
    GnH, that is great news, you must be so pleased at that!! Hope you feel better soon, recovering after EPU is the worst part of the whole cycle. Hoping to hear good news re fert tomorrow.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to SpringRain For This Useful Post:

faithandhopellove  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    That's great news@GnH. Good to see you still have your sense of humour.
    I have only just woken up from a very drowsy day. This time around feeling sick, sore and tired. I managed 14 eggs from 18 follies. 11 injected so I suppose that's good news. I am praying that they all fertilise to give us the best chance of getting some to day 5.
    On this note has anyone here had experience with day 3 transfers? Our fertlity clinic isn't keen but we are considering it if , like last cycle, all our embies stop growing after day 3.
    to everyone out there. I will write more when I am less sore and sorry.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Update - so out of the 5 injected eggs there are two going...will speak to scientist again Monday morning.... enjoy you weekend everyone . Hope you are feeling better faithandhopellove hope you got a good number of fertilisation this morning.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GnH For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good morning all. I wish I could say it was good news but it's not. Of our 11 injected we had 3 fertlise. Disappointing to lose so many to say the least. But 3 is better than none I guess. DH and I are both disheartened and seriously considering changing clinics if this cycle doesn't work out. We were advised that changing to fresh semen rather than frozen would help us ( we used frozen before as DH was on chemotherapy and we couldn't use fresh) The result was the worst fert rates we have had so far. Geez. Anyway we have three so am hoping for those to go on and become healthy blasties.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to faithandhopellove For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Biscotti71, the molar pregnancy sounds and looks pretty scary, so sorry you had to go through that. Totally understand your nervousness, although I am sure you can't be unlucky enough for it to recur. You have a great attitude overall, very positive, I'm sure you are due some fabulous luck this year!!

Wouldn't it be great in a way to fall naturally and have to cancel your ivf cycle?? Def go get a POAS and let us know.

I start the mega dose tomorrow morning, off to pick up my needles now actually! Can't believe I'm about to do it all over again!! Yay!!! I think

I'll be watching this space for your experience too if POAS is negative for you - when is AF due?

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kelly70 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Faithandhopellove- try to remain positive, I had 11 eggs one cycle and ended up with 3 at the end.....so it happens to all of us....yesterday afternoon the nurse told me that of the injected eggs all women usually lose half to 2/3 of the eggs, so while I understand your disappointment, keep saying your prayers ! YOU ONLY NEED ONE ! not sure with your clinic but our scientist writes notes about the sperm on collection so maybe ask your FS if the fresh sperm had any issues. with our last attempt which was a failure, I wanted to blame the sperm, as my husband loves his red wine and I have been at him to cut down just while we are IVFing, but the FS looked at the reports and said there was nothing wrong with the sperm, so my hubby was quiet happy with that so he can keep drinking his red wine. I am going to have a glass of wine myself tonight, I have cut out all caffeine and alcohol for the last 5 weeks, but think I deserve one glass. Monday will be a very anxious day for us......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for your encouragement @GnH. I have recovered a little is the from the shock and am now feeling hopefuful (a little) that our little fert eggies are the best of the best and we both end up with good blasties. We will ask our FS about the sperm. I hope they keep notes.