+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry to crash your thread but just wanted to add that having a non milky smelling person help with settling can really help with night weaning. I found my son responded much better/quicker to hubby. When I'd try to settle him he'd immediately insist on milk and would get hysterical very quickly if offered other comfort. Yet he'd be happy to accept to cuddling from dad. I have to believe that it was partially that he associated me with milk and also that he could smell it was available.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @thepouts and @btmac
    How are you both going with the sleeping issues?

Thought I would update you on our progress.

We started last monday night, the first 3 nights ds still woke 2-3 times but better than hourly. And he handled dh cuddling him back to sleep instead of being fed. It was taking up to an hour but atleast he wasn't crying.

Night 4 is supposed to be the worst I've read so I was prepared for that. But it's hard to say since dh gave up. After 10 minutes he came back to bed and I thought wow, 5 mins later ds was crying so he goes back in. 10 mins later he comes back again but with ds this time.

So I roll over to face the other way and try not to move or breath loudly as I'm thinking ds is just going to ask to be fed. Dh falls asleep within 2 minutes, an hour later ds is still just laying there, rolling around, blowing raspberries. So I take him into his room (dh doesn't even notice I've taken him which infuriated me) and I managed to cuddle him myself back to sleep within 30 mins.

Friday night he slept through til 5.45 and then was awake for the day which is a little early for him (norm 6.15 so not too bad).

Saturday night he woke at 4.45 and I went into him because Dh had only been home for 1.5 hours after helping fix a friends car. For 5 mins he kept getting my hand and putting near my boob to tell me he wanted it but I just kept saying there was none left, all gone and he then just stopped asking.

After 40 mins he still wasn't asleep so I just put him in his cot and left. I turned the music from his monitor on and he cracked it. I left it on for a few mins and then turned it off. He stopped crying instantly and looked at the door for a minute and then layed down and went to sleep until 7.30!

Yesterday his routine was out of wack as we were out for the day and he wouldn't sleep while there because too much was happening so he feel asleep at 4 in the car for just over an hour.

We put him to bed at 8.30 when we got home from a friends place and he is still asleep now. Oh and I didn't feed him before bed last night as we were out of wack and I forgot. When I realised I thought he would wake lots but he's been fine.

I'm so happy it's working so far but I'm also like you thepouts and keep waiting for it to go badly again.

I was wanting to stop bfing all together but now he's not during the night I don't know if I'm ready to stop the last feed. But he may just decide to drop it himself which makes me a little sad.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Donnab739 For This Useful Post:

Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Wow that is amazing! You are making some real progress I hope it keeps up. We have fallen into our bad habits again

I am just so tired in the night I give in. i know i shouldn't but just can't help it.

You are inspiration that it can work. I just need to summon the strength again

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    Wow that is amazing! You are making some real progress I hope it keeps up. We have fallen into our bad habits again

I am just so tired in the night I give in. i know i shouldn't but just can't help it.

You are inspiration that it can work. I just need to summon the strength again
    Oh hun it is so easy to say you aren't going to give in during the night, but to actually stick to it is much harder. I've been there many times before. So don't be too hard on yourself.

If I didn't have dh going in those first few nights we probably would have had a much harder time of it. But I'm glad I can inspire you. :-)