+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Last resort

My 18 month old has never ever slept through the night. I'm not sleeping, she is not sleeping and nobody is happy!

She co sleeps and is still bf at least 4+ times per night

My last resort will be controlled crying but before we go that way I'd be interested in looking into a no cry method....?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    We used Dr jay Gordons nightweaning technique to great success for both girls.

Highly recommend it if you want a gentle method.

wifey of hubby who is always away. mother of two girls who are always amusing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks I will look it up!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Can you have her sleep in another room?

I don't know about the no-cry method but DS was waking 4 times a night and having to be bf back to sleep up until he turned 1 and we moved him to his own room. Now he sleeps through the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So for the first 3 nights I can pat, hold, cuddle and feed, as long as I do not let her feed to sleep between 11 and 6?

Once your girls were night weaned did you find they slept better?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by btmac View Post
    @thepouts I've been considering Dr Jay Gordon's method. It's been recommended to me also. DS2 is 19months and still feeding 6-8 times a night so I feel your pain.

I'm just working up the guts at the moment. If love to hear how you go if you do decide to do it.
    I am going to start it tonight and I will keep you posted on how we go

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (14-06-2014),Donnab739  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by abibelsmum View Post
    Can you have her sleep in another room?

I don't know about the no-cry method but DS was waking 4 times a night and having to be bf back to sleep up until he turned 1 and we moved him to his own room. Now he sleeps through the night.
    She could sleep in her own room but she would become hysterical.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I too would love to hear how you go. DS (19 months also) has been waking 4 times a night and it's killing me.

We don't co-sleep but I'm wondering if this method would still work for us as I don't know what else to try.

I had one night recently that I couldn't feed because of medication I had to take. Let's just say it was a very long and torturous night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing, I would love to know how you I too. DS2 is two weeks off 1 and still feeding a few times overnight.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    So for the first 3 nights I can pat, hold, cuddle and feed, as long as I do not let her feed to sleep between 11 and 6?

Once your girls were night weaned did you find they slept better?
    Dd1. We were away for a family wedding and having stupidly long days. Dd1 was 14mths at the time and feeding 2x overnight at 11&4 (7-6bedtime). Dh slept next to her in the double and I took her single. That was it. 3 nights later I slept next to her and she had zero interest. Still fed to sleep for naps and bedtimes for another 5 months. She woke earlier for brekkie so around 5 am for 4-6 weeks till she got used to the longer food gap.

Dd2. 15mths and 2 x feeds @ 12&4am with bedtime 6.30pm-6am. Again family wedding and stupid sleep times. I had too many wines one night and realised I couldn't feed her. So gave her water. She was in a cot in our room and that stretched her out till 1-2am ish but offered lots of cuddles. Kept repeating. I wore a turtleneck shirt, a new one so she couldn't smell me so easily. By day 3 she was back in her cot but my hand thru the bars shushing her. It took 1hr that night to resettle each time. Offered water in a bottle as compensation. Each child is different. Dd2 was highly attached to bf. so it took longer. Dh also works away so there was limited help. I was a zombie for a week.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rose&Aurelia&Hannah For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (14-06-2014),thepouts  (15-06-2014)