+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's hard to say without seeing your hair, but for long thick frizzy hair Argon oil is great. I straighten my hair, which is long thick and blonde and it comes up great. I put a bit of argon oil through it after straightening it.

I also sometimes use coconut oil - it's thicker and may make it feel dry at first but after brushing it through later it's amazing! My hair is also healthier and more manageable when I grow it longer. I find the 'no no' conditioners like dove and Pantene the best on my hair too but I don't tell my hairdresser I use them! She would kill me!

You can also buy shining serum but I can't think of the brand names - works best on thick hair and apparently very effective.

Good diet - my hair is always better when my diet is really good. Weather makes a big difference too. Humidity is not the frizzy-haired girl's friend!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have really thick, curly, long dry fuzzy hair and I've been using the OGX (formerly organix) range from Woolies. I'm using the coconut milk one atm and also putting in argon oil afterwards and my hair is much more healthier. Woolies also has a new line out which is argon oil shampoo and conditioner. It only arrived lastnight and I'll be trying it out as soon as it goes on special.

(the ogx range is on special atm 2 for $20 which is nearly half price!)
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 14-06-2014 at 10:22.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I stopped colouring mine which has made my hair very healthy. All colour has grown out and it's all el natural. And I actually like my hair colour so it's an added bonus.

I think you'll find the majority of people need to do something to their to make it look nice. I either blow dry or put some ghd curls through mine each day. It doesn't take long and makes a huge difference. My hair is not straight but not curly either which is why I need to style it in some way

4. The Following User Says Thank You to thepouts For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-06-2014)

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    My hair was long (a third to half way down my back) thick and frizzy. It used to annoy me so much because it wasn't straight and sleek and I could never find the right product to make straightening work. Instead if I wore it out the weight of it would make the crown sit very flat against my head but was still frizzy and them my longer lengths would be wavy and it just looked awful, even when I got it cut and reshaped I just couldn't fight gravity. So a few months ago I decided to let the natural curl have its way with me and i got it cut to above my shoulders and now i just put some curl defining product in. even though I now look fairly wild and shaggy, and sometimes have very big hair I also feel so much better about my hair because it is no longer a weird combination of lank and frizz.

Oh and Op, many of those other people with long hair a still probably annoyed with their hair and wish it would do something different.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    My hairdresser always tells me I have beautiful hair, but she also says that's because I don't blow dry or style it very often - only if I'm going somewhere special, rather than everyday. I do get half a head of foils and a style cut every 8-12 weeks and I opt for wash and wear hair with just a dab Pureology Nourishing Nectar to make it shiny and flatten any fly-aways. Shampoo/conditioner is basic Sunsilk.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My hair was constantly frizzy etc when i was using commercial hair dye (was doing the chestnut colour also)
    I switched to 100% natural Henna Hair dye and havent looked back. Its thick, shiny and manageable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    I have fluffy frizzy hair that drives me insane. I find that not colouring it, using the dove gold shampoo and conditioner and wearing it a little longer as well as regular trims means i can wear it down more often with minimal straightening.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I like redken smooth lock the shampoo, conditioner and serum before straightening for my hair. Not sure my hair is what you want though. I still need to straighten to get nice hair. :-/

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks so much ladies, it sounds like I have a bit of shopping to do I think

Thanks
    Reviews
    I also have trouble knowing what to do with my hair. At this stage ive got a piecy hair cut that is fairly wash & go - I can either tye it back or wear it down. If I wear it down I use l'oreal 'give me texture' spray - breaks it up a bit & gives it some definition

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app