+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Tarneit schools

Hello.

We will be moving to heartlands Tarneit next year 2015 where we are building a new home. My DD is 4 year old and will be starting kinder next year and primary school in 2016 and I just have no idea where to start looking for a good school.

We don't currently live in the area. I'd really appreciate any recommendations/tips.

Thank you.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am also looking for good school in tarneit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm in the area... Truganina South has a good rep. As does Baden Powell. In terms of catholic there is St Francis, but I have only heard negatives or St James which has a good rep.... Schools on this area are zoned so you probably won't get a huge say as to where you go if you are going public (I think you would be zoned to Baden Powell...) If you are considering private, there are a couple of very good options in the area Westbourne Grammer and Heathdale - both have great reps although Heathdale is quite religious...

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot for ur reviews . St James is opening in 2015 near our house . Is this a good school ??? Catholic is not my preference though .

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Hi
    Not sure if you'd be interested in a public school, but my DS attended Westgrove PS and it's fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks a lot for ur advice. Any reviews on the St John the Apostle, Tarneit West

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blogger123 View Post
    Thanks a lot for ur advice. Any reviews on the St John the Apostle, Tarneit West
    Hello,
    May be quite late, but thought it may help others in the future if they google this school.

My kids (youngest starting there this year) have gone to this school in its inaugural year in 2015. Being new, the classes were quite small and some years mixed (2-3s, 4-5-6s). With similar case this year, with Grade preps and 1s having there own classes. This is a bit of a concern for me, although my son being in Grade 2 next year, mixing with Grade 3s (and their work) could be beneficial.

The school is still in its building phases, with extensions, playgrounds, etc. still planned on being built over the next 4-5 years. The school looks great as is now, but does lack in a playground outside for the kids. The teachers are lovely and the principal is great and passionate about what he is doing. He is very involved and has a open door policy with all parents.

Religion is taught there, not overly strict and not overly lenient. I am quite happy with the religious aspect of the school. There is a mix of cultures at the school and as stated earlier, as it was new they have allowed entry to quite a large number of 'non-catholic' children. Which, has changed this year as the school is filling up, they're following the catholic school entry guidelines more so. (ie. Is baptized, lives locally, etc.)