+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Mothers groups - spring lakes area

Hi all, I am a first time mum of a 5 week old and was wondering if anyone knew of any mothers groups around the springfield lakes area with babies of similar age?

tired of being in the house and have found my current friend circle are childless and just don't understand.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi Crystal

I'm not in Springfield Lakes but I had a couple of suggestions - ABA (Australian breastfeeding association) have regular meetings in different areas? You could have a look on their website? I'm not sure if you need to be a member.

A local theatre might have mums n bubs sessions you can go to and meet people there?

Also maybe contact a local hospital (like maternity) and see if they can give you any contacts?

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Crystal, there is a group on facebook, I think it's called Springfield Lakes Mummies. There is also a Facebook page for Ipswich New Mums Group. It's pretty inactive at the moment, but I know there are a few Springfield Lakes mums on there, so you could just post and see if anyone wants to catch up
    Also, follow Live a Little Events. It's a lady who has an events company and she does mums and bubs high teas and picnics around brookwater/ipswich.
    And finally, Ipswich Up. They organise family events in Ipswich.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Crystal, there is a group on facebook, I think it's called Springfield Lakes Mummies. There is also a Facebook page for Ipswich New Mums Group. It's pretty inactive at the moment, but I know there are a few Springfield Lakes mums on there, so you could just post and see if anyone wants to catch up
    Also, follow Live a Little Events. It's a lady who has an events company and she does mums and bubs high teas and picnics around brookwater/ipswich.
    And finally, Ipswich Up. They organise family events in Ipswich.

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Springfield lakes mummies on Facebook is the way to go. It is a very large group, always meet ups happening. It can get a bit catty at times but if you ignore that you will get a lot out of it. I made all my mummy friends from that group and it got me out of the house. They also have a marketplace page for buyîng and selling that is brilliant.