+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I don't think you're crazy but definitely different to me! If I got 2 years maternity leave I would savour all 700 and something days with my little one

Thanks
    Reviews
    I work part time and study full time. We don't need me to work for financial reasons but I want to work to help my future career. I'm almost finished my bachelor of nursing so part time work as a carer will assist me when applying for nursing jobs in the future.

That being said I am not a stay at home mum person at all. I like working and staying busy. I also want to prepare myself for when DS is at school.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would. Part time only though. Getting a pay cheque is one reason for me working, the others are maintaining my qualifications and foot in the door of my career and growing my super (having my own super, adequate for me to retire on is very very important to me) and enjoying my work.
    Part time work and some days at home with the kids is the perfect balance for me

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not on your life! I work with kids so its not really a break for me and I would much rather be at home with just my one baby. I cried when I found out that I had to go back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Yes i would because i am not a good SAHM. For me, work helps me become a better mum.

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't understand why some husbands want their wives to never return to work. Seems kind of controlling.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to lemonpancakes For This Useful Post:

Blessedwith3boys  (14-06-2014),NoteToSelf  (14-06-2014),VicPark  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I don't understand why some husbands want their wives to never return to work. Seems kind of controlling.
    Me too.
    It makes their life easier so they can focus on their careers. But what about the other parent career?
    No one knows what tomorrow will be made of, it's so important to be able to stand on our own two feet and provide for our needs and family.

But then if everybody is happy then whatever float your boat I say!

My DH is the opposite lol He would never let me be a SAHM

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

NoteToSelf  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post

I WISH!! Mine would want that if we could afford it because thats what I want. Maybe its an old fashioned thing of the mum staying home keeping the house together getting kids to school etc? Just a guess.. could be anything

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    With my first, yes I wanted to go back and returned full time when he was 12 months old but only because DH became a SAHD for a year until we secured child care. Didn't want to use daycare at first.

With my second I feel completely different. She is much more clingy than DS and I really don't know how I could leave her all day with anyone, even her dad. She's such a mummy's girl and breastfeeds regularly. I may have to return part time when she's a year old but feel incredibly worried about it. At the moment I would rather stay at home. Unfortunately I am the higher earner

Thanks
    Reviews
    If i didn't have to work then i wouldn't. I only work because we need the extra income. I work part time and we get by fine, but if i worked full time we would be even better off. But we're getting by - and both DH and I value the importance DS having parent time over me working full time.

I would certainly be a hell of a lot happier being a SAHM though. I find working stressful with having a LO now as he gets sick because of childcare; (though he's been very healthy for the past 2 months!!) and all my sick days are now gone so its very stressful juggling working, taking time off, trying not to p!ss work off with my child being unwell again.... and so on. If my job didn't pay like it does i sure wouldn't be working.