+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Thank you for all your input, I also have my own online business, which I work full time on 2 days a week while my dd is at day care, as well as managing enquiries 24/7 - (up to 100 a day).

I think I am a workaholic. My hubby thinks I'm crazy, my business is rapidly expanding and I just keep adding more and more to my plate. I can't help but love it though.

Going back to work will help us reach our goal of owning our own home and investment property sooner rather than later. However, with my business and working part time, that would leave very little time with my dd. My hubby has to keep reminding me that my business is basically a full time job anyway, but I think deep down it still hasn't sunk in how quickly it has grown, to me it just seems like a hobby. Luckily I have 9 months to think about it all, I'm dreading having to make the final decision, luckily my workplace is very flexible and accommodating.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    No not at all. There is not a thing wrong with needing a little bit of you time. Its very easy to go a little stir crazy with the moronity that sometimes comes with being a SAHM.

In my previous job I worked a 30 hour fortnight which I felt was the perfect work/home balance. it allowed me to spend a lot of time at home with the kids and i still got a good dose of adult interaction. Hopefully I will find a similar job in the future.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've enjoyed reading these, I have always said I will stay home and not go back to work until the kids are at school (we don't have any yet) and I am really really looking forward to that.

I have worked full time for almost 20 years straight and can't wait to be able to stay home.

BUT

I am also afraid - what if I am bored? I find I avoid going out as much as possible now, and when DH is away at work, and I stay home for several days in a row (even a long weekend - I work 4 days a week now and a long weekend gives me 4 days at home) I suddenly feel like I CAN'T leave the house. I'll do anything not to have to even go to the shops! I am actually quite terrified I might have the tendency to become agoraphobic given the chance... :/

Thanks
    Reviews
    No matter how much DH earns I think I'll always work at least part time. I'm 35 now so only halfway to retirement age. I want to stay in the workforce so I have something to do with my days when my kids have all grown up and left me.

I'd love to earn enough one day for DH to work part time. I can't imagine him ever wanting to not work but I think he'd benefit from a break from the workforce like I've had. I don't think it should just be mums who get that.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I didn't have to work (which I do) I would still probably do a couple of days a week.

I'm in the process of finally moving into my dream job and I really enjoy it so I'd want to continue to work in some capacity.

Before I found this job though, I would have happily stayed home. I love being home with my girls.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Tbh I'd love to be working and will start job hunting once DS is better and sleeping better. I've been a stay at home mum far too long and on the one occasion I worked and studied it was great fun and really enjoyable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DF and I just decided that although I had just started back working with dd now 8mths- that I actually don't need to financially. So I'm going to resign and be a FT mummy. It's scary from a financial point of view having it all relying on DF. But exciting too.
    I love being home with the kids and I love having the time to do things as I please through the day.

DF would gladly swap if we could. He has been doing weekends solo with the 2kids since I was working every weekend to avoid day care and after school care fees and he loves it too.

Do what works for you and your family!! If it makes you happy to work- then work- if it makes you happy to be at home- do that! Happy mummy makes for a happy family. : )

Thanks
    Reviews
    In an ideal situation, I would go back to work when my youngest started pre school or kindergarten, working only 2 days/wk between the hours of 9.30-2.30pm. Ha! That's never going to happen for me though.
    I've gone back to work after 6 months, then 7 months, then 11months, 3 days a week from roughly 8 until 4pm. I find though, on my working days they are a break for me. Adult conversation, getting to go to the bathroom in piece, not being "mum" but myself. We also need me to be back at work financially, so I like contributing to the finances because it takes the pressure off us somewhat.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to My Beloved Ones For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (13-06-2014),Kazza78  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Hells NO! The only situation where I wouldn't have to work would be if we had no mortgage and DH could work 4 days a week.

I would focus then on getting an interior design qualification and starting my own business.

I hate my current job, so that obviously makes a difference.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes I would work even if I didn't have to (which I don't - I am currently studying, but plan to work when I graduate). I have found that I love the baby stage home with my kids, but once they hit about 12 months I have needed something more in my life than "just" being at home with them. I need a break to make me a better mother. I am hoping I can find a job I love in my field when I finish studying. If not, I guess it will be back to the drawing board!