+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    PT yes
    FT no. I think what most mums want is flexibility. Without that, why return to a job working long hours if you don't have to?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't have to work, but I work part time and it is a great balance for me. My children are thriving, well adjusted people who love daycare. If I thought daycare was not good for them I would stay at home, but I believe I am a better parent having the routine I have.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I dont "have" to work (fortunately dh earns an excellent wage) but I'd like to.

I really miss working so much and wish I had of had a career that I could of gone back to when my babies were a bit older. Unfortunately, I was an international flight attendant which was not really the most family friendly job in the world and I also suffered severe anxiety and pnd when I had kids which meant going back was really out of the question.

I did try briefly flying domestic when the kids were 1 and 2 yrs but that ended in disaster and it became really clear I was too unwell to hold down a job anyway.

I really think that essentially being "stuck at home" for longer than I wanted to be has really eroded my self worth and contributed to my battle with pnd.

I started uni this year and that has done more for my recovery and self esteem than anything. Just having something outside of being a mother.

Don't feel guilty. We don't stop being individuals just because we become mothers.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Que Sera  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Exactly RR. Being a mother is hugely important and fulfilling but it's certainly not the only important and fulfilling thing in my life, and doesn't define me.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Not crazy OP.
    If your partner thinks it's so important for a parent to be home, then it should be him.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (21-06-2014),MsViking  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anewme View Post
    For me - I never plan on going back to work. I want to give my other children what I gave my eldest.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I'm hoping in my next life to come back as you I would love to have a huge family and stay at home full time

I would definitely not work if I didn't have too, ( just started 2 days a week this year after 3 years as a SAHM) I have no desire to continue my career and could happily continue staying at home - maybe it's because I worked for 22 years before having DS and have tons of adult interaction that I'd much prefer to be at home

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Not crazy OP.
    If your partner thinks it's so important for a parent to be home, then it should be him.
    I agree.

Staying at home at someone else's behest is a recipe for disaster.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Personally, no I wouldn't (and I most likely won't) go back to work. I have 2 under 2 and no career to return to. If you want to go back to work though you should

Thanks
    Reviews
    If I had a career I loved and wanted to go back to work, even if financially we could survive without it then I probably would. But I didn't feel that way about my career, in fact it left me as anxious and depressed which is something I wouldn't be able to deal with as well as kids at home. Lucky for me, we always aimed towards our kids having me at home full time if possible even once school aged.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yes, I've gone back to work without needing too financially, I'm a midwife so it's very easy to get casual shifts which I can pick and choose! I love my work and it's a break from my 3 children .