+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said they want to work but their husband wants them to stay at home though? Maybe I have just missed it
    it's probably just the way the OP was formulated. it has been later specified that it's not the case though

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    I don't know if anyone has said they want to work but their husband wants them to stay at home though? Maybe I have just missed it
    It's in the original post isn't it, not implying that he would force her but that he would prefer her to stay home while she feels she would prefer to work. Going by memory though so could be wrong.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I would still go back but probably not as soon as I will be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by dee1 View Post
    I've been on maternity leave for over 12 months now, I have 2 years approved maternity leave but a part of me feels like I'm ready to go back to work.

My husband wants me to stay at home for the foreseeable future but I just can't help but feel that's not me. I've never seen myself as a stay at home, I've always seen myself as a career orientated working mum. Financially I don't need to return to work and the extra money would just go straight to savings.

My biggest fear is being out of the workforce so long that I will struggle to get back in, despite being well educated with loads of experience.

I swear people think I'm crazy that I want to go back to work, like it's every mothers dream to stay at home forever, but I just can't help but feel there is more to me as a person than being a mum.

Am I totally crazy for wanting to go back to work despite having no financial pressure?
    I don't think you're crazy for wanting to go back to work, staying at home with children is not for everyone. I say do it, even if it's just one or two days a week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I don't understand why some husbands want their wives to never return to work. Seems kind of controlling.
    I know mine would like if I was home FT as he grew up with his mum home FT. He has memories of his mum doing the tuckshop roster, reading recovery, play dates and helping out at school. I know he would love us to be so set up financially that I would never have to work again.

Actually I'm sure he would love to be a SAHD and do all of that himself.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by lemonpancakes View Post
    I don't understand why some husbands want their wives to never return to work. Seems kind of controlling.
    Mine doesn't want me to work for two main reasons-
    A-He doesn't think that day care and after school care is the best option for our kids if we can avoid it- he would rather they be home with a parent or carer and have more time as a family where possible.

B- financially it makes almost no sense. Since he is the main income earner, any job I get will predominantly be funding our day care and school care fees. As well as the added stress of getting everyone fed and dressed and out the door before 8am and the rush to get dinner ready of an evening.

So he would prefer me not to work. But in no way is he controlling my choice. If I wanted to work he would be 100% on board and happy with that as he wants me to be happy. Luckily enough - I'm very happy working at home and spending my time with the kids.

7. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MadeWithLove For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (22-06-2014),olismumma  (23-06-2014),Rose&Aurelia&Hannah  (23-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MadeWithLove View Post
    Mine doesn't want me to work for two main reasons-
    A-He doesn't think that day care and after school care is the best option for our kids if we can avoid it- he would rather they be home with a parent or carer and have more time as a family where possible.

B- financially it makes almost no sense. Since he is the main income earner, any job I get will predominantly be funding our day care and school care fees. As well as the added stress of getting everyone fed and dressed and out the door before 8am and the rush to get dinner ready of an evening.

So he would prefer me not to work. But in no way is he controlling my choice. If I wanted to work he would be 100% on board and happy with that as he wants me to be happy. Luckily enough - I'm very happy working at home and spending my time with the kids.
    Here too

What would make us so happy is if any of the grandies would retire move in with us. I grew up in a joint family and it was fabulous. But all four of them are too happy in their life. Sigh.

Thanks
    Reviews
    If money was no problem and both kids were in school then no I wouldn't. Would love to have time to myself, focus on garden, cooking, housework, kids activities. It would be great!
    Reality is that dh may possibly lose his job and I may have to go back full time . Too risky for us with just one income earner and he earns double my full wage.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah maybe 2 days/ nights per week for say 3-5 hours for a bit of extra cash

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm back at work! I got a promotion & transfer. Absolutely loving it so far!

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to dee1 For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (22-07-2014),NoteToSelf  (22-07-2014)