+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default 4 year old with knee pain???

Hi, Just after some advice because I am unable to get him to the hospital/doctor until DH arrives home with the car. DS went to bed fine last night but woke up this morning with a really sore knee. I've been carrying him around all day and he's just been watching TV. There is no swelling, bruising, redness etc... and it looks even to the other side. He just seems to be unable to walk on it because it's quite painful. He is currently asleep on the couch. He said he fell off his bike outside yesterday afternoon but because he seemed fine until getting up this morning I'm a bit concerned Anyone have anything like this happen before? I'm a bit stressed out and keep looking at the clock

Thanks
    Reviews
    My son recently went through the same thing it ended up being severe growing pains. Apparently it can be quite common for them to be extremely painful I never suffered it myself but have heard a lot of people who have

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I had sever growing pains as child in my knees was really really painful they didn't go away until I was 12!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    My DS complains of leg pain frequently, his paed said if it were growing pains it would occur bilaterally. He has low muscle tone though and from what I've read, this often causes pain in the legs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My sis had "osgood shlatter" syndrome as a kid (prob about 10/11yo). Had beentold for a while it was growing pains, but was something about the tendon connecting to knee cap or bone getting inflamed. (This was over 20years ago so who knows if such a thing even exists now, and I've prob spelt it wrong). I think she ended up outgrowing it but I know for a while kneeling was painful and was worse after sports.
    Poor thing. Hope you get an explanation

Thanks
    Reviews
    I know this is an old thread but i am hoping someone might be able to offer some advice...My 21mth old DS has been limping and stopping to touch his right knee sporadically. Doesn't seem to be stopping him - still running arohnd, climbing on everything, stomping and dancing etc. He doesn't talk yet (another story) but he doesn't seem to wince in pain at all and lets me touch and poke and prod it without pulling away etc. Its the limping that is concerning me. It has been a few days, i guess. I put it down to growing pains...think i should be more concerned??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bump...Anyone have any idea what this could be??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Its Me View Post
    I know this is an old thread but i am hoping someone might be able to offer some advice...My 21mth old DS has been limping and stopping to touch his right knee sporadically. Doesn't seem to be stopping him - still running arohnd, climbing on everything, stomping and dancing etc. He doesn't talk yet (another story) but he doesn't seem to wince in pain at all and lets me touch and poke and prod it without pulling away etc. Its the limping that is concerning me. It has been a few days, i guess. I put it down to growing pains...think i should be more concerned??
    As it's been going on a few days, I would probably head to the GP. My son had been complaining of sore hips for a while and the gp said that although it can just be normal growing stuff, it also can be a sign of other issues such as inflamed joints etc - DS had an X-ray and ultrasound to rule these out.

Best wishes!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to wobbleyhorse For This Useful Post:

Its Me  (21-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks @wobbleyhorse
    I am leaning towards that myself...its just so bizarre cause he has no limited movements and doesn't seem to be "in pain" with it...you know when you just don't want to feel like a d!ck at the Drs for what turns out to be nothing?! 😐 Better to be sure tho i guess hey.

Thanks again!