+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I know what you mean about the weight gain. I was so worried I was going to get huge, as I was already carrying a few extra kilos when I got pregnant which shelved any diet plans. To top it off, around 22 weeks I was diagnosed with symphysis pubis dysfunction as well! Then sciatica..! My mobility has been awful this pregnancy as a result. Luckily and quite amazingly I've only gained 6 kilos and I'm 32 weeks. Mostly due to eating smaller meals...not by choice mind you, but because I'm so squashed and uncomfortable I can't breathe when I eat a lot!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am 5 weeks along with my first and so super tired!! We have decided not to tell anyone until 12 weeks, so it's really hard to try and act like everything is normal when all I want to do is sleep for the rest of the year!!! I'm sure my boss thinks I'm slacking off! And I tell my husband how tired I am, but I just don't think he understands!! I made dinner last night and unstacked and re-stacked the dishwasher and asked him if he could wipe down the benches and he just rolled his eyes at me and said didn't you do it??! How do I get him to really understand what's going on with my body? Even though I've told him, I get the feeling that he thinks, since it's so early on, that nothing's really happening yet! He's not much of a reader, so I don't think books will really help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Carolina3 - my husband downloaded a pregnancy app in his phone. It's useful as it has tips for partners too ...& pretty much every info message for the past few days/weeks has been ..."your partner's body is making a new human & that's going to take a lot of energy. Try to help as much as you can. Make meals, tidy up, let her rest as much as possible" etc etc. He's an absolute saint so it's not been hard to twist his arm into helping. I don't think I've done just about anything at all for weeks. Still tired though! I find if I have a day off I just stay in bed for hours & that helps me cope with the whole week. My other children are much older & as I said my DH is ridiculously helpful so I'm very lucky.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Legeyt For This Useful Post:

Carolina3  (23-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Legeyt! I might try that! He's being a bit funny with it all so far, because we're so early in on it all and it's our first, we are both cautious of having a MC, and I kind of get the impression he thinks if we talk about it too much it might jinx us - but maybe I'll just do a sneaky app add on his phone & he won't be able to say no!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went through extreme tiredness from low iron - best thing to do especially if you have an aversion to red meat is to drink lots of milo! Jam packed of iron!