+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Extreme Tiredness

Hi Ladies,

I'm 5w today and really struggling with extreme tiredness. I'm finding it really hard to stay focused at work.

Does anyone have any tips for coping with the tiredness?

I'm going to bed at about 9:30 and sleeping until 7am. I'm trying to drink heaps of water to help. Since finding out I was pregnant i've cut out coffee altogether which I think is contributing to the tiredness.

I just want to nap at my desk

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi & congratulations!
    I used a high strength iron supplement during my pregnancies to help with tiredness. Even tho my blood tests didn't show anemia I still felt much better after taking them. All the best

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Redcorset For This Useful Post:

Mellie29  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!

I have to be honest, even taking pregnancy multi-vitamins didn't help me. I'd come home from work so tired, plonk myself down on the couch and I'd fall asleep within minutes.

You could also try going to bed a bit earlier too. The sleep you get before midnight is more refreshing than the hours after midnight.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Mellie29  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Iron didn't make much difference to me. As I've always had good blood pressure including throughout pregnancy, my OB said 1-2 cups of coffee a day is fine. If you can stomach it and your blood pressure is good then no need to cut it out completely. It definitely helped get me through the 1st trimester of my last pregnancy!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Stretched For This Useful Post:

Mellie29  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Stretched View Post
    Iron didn't make much difference to me. As I've always had good blood pressure including throughout pregnancy, my OB said 1-2 cups of coffee a day is fine. If you can stomach it and your blood pressure is good then no need to cut it out completely. It definitely helped get me through the 1st trimester of my last pregnancy!!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That's good to know - my bp is good so I should be okay. Even one cup would help in the morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just found out tonight Im pregnant around the 4 week mark
    Knew something was up when I started falling asleep an I mean dead asleep around 830pm.. Usually go to sleep 1030-11pm
    Dr said its normal for some to get really really tired

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had this with my first trimester. I found napping and early nights helped but honestly, there's little you can do to curb it. I read somewhere that a woman's body in the first trimester of pregnancy works harder than if you had run a marathon...!

My advice is know your limits and take it easy, don't try and do the same level of activity and work, if you can scale back then do so. Good news is it doesn't last. I woke up on 11 weeks 5 days and felt human again...just like that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    It's also because progesterone can have a sedative effect. So it really is like trying to get on with your day after taking half a sleeping tablet!

This also means that when the placenta takes over and progesterone drops you do feel a lot better. I remember with my 1st it was just over 13w and about 11am I realised that I just felt normal tired. I'd never been so happy to just feel tired, not catatonic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have definitely felt more tired, although I am still going to bed at the same time.

What I find harder to deal with is exercise. Last month I ran a HM, so I am fit. A 10k run was standard for me. 2 days ago I tried for 5km and although I finished it, I was at a really slow pace and every step was hard work!!!

I am determined to put on weight at a sensible and steady pace but struggling to exercise doesn't help!

Thanks
    Reviews
    All I do is nap!! I have an 11month old and as soon as shes down for her morning nap so am i lol And I go to bed alot earlier than I use to....

Sadly it doesnt ease in the secind trimester im still so so tired

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app