+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Redcorset View Post
    My DD learnt to crawl @ 14months on the soft padded mats at kindergym. She walked at 12 months but had never crawled. I wasnt worried about it but I noticed as soon as she got on soft flooring she was happy to crawl

Sent from my GT-I9195T using The Bub Hub mobile app
    Good idea. He likes scrambling on the mats at the playgroup - I'll make an effort to go regularly and hope he gets inspired.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    Thanks! If he's going to persist with the belly sliding/bum shuffling for a few months, maybe I should invest in an enjo cloth onsie and let him do some cleaning whilst working on his movement skills
    Ha ha! That's exactly what people said I should do. Sew a cleaning cloth to his tummy and get him to clean the floor as he goes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by debsch View Post
    Ha ha! That's exactly what people said I should do. Sew a cleaning cloth to his tummy and get him to clean the floor as he goes!
    Maybe that's where the inspiration for the robovac came from? A frazzled mum watching a baby shimmying randomly over a floor that she wished someone else would vacuum

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not sure if it has already been suggested, but if not, what about a tunnel? We have a soft one from Aldi or Ikea that really initiated our baby girl to explore the house. We put balls & toys in it, called out to her from the other end.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde Assassin For This Useful Post:

clbj  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by clbj View Post
    Thanks! I read your post on the way out today and he had fun shimmying about on the grass at lunch
    And thanks for the reassurance. 99% of me knows he's normal and fine, but unfortunately the 1% got prodded by a well meaning person and it made me second guess that I shouldn't be trying harder to help him out. As you say, I'm sure he'll get there regardless - when he's ready
    dont worry too much...I was alot like you...had that small part of me thinking what am I doing wrong...what else can I do . 2 friends of mine have DDs same age as mine and they did all physical milestones before DD did...that drove me insane! But she did catch up and is no different from them !
    My sisters a physiotherapist and said some bubs generally take time doing physical tasks...its the over all approach that you should see..are they moving their arms properly, any hip dysfunction, are the trying to get from one place to another (whether crawl, bum shuffle, holding onto things etc) than not to worry.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to OS&N For This Useful Post:

clbj  (14-06-2014)