+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    protein protein protein.

but after a while its really hard. only so long i can stomach meat and sh1t load of eggs and chobani yogurt. but it does work.
    Yep I agree, I feel weird just eating protein but it has worked in the past.

HugsBunny is offline Once upon a time there was a bunny.........
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    What works for me is to simply count calories and exercise.

I allow 1200 calories a day, and if I exercise then I'm allowed more cals.

That's the only thing that works for me.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by babyla View Post
    Thanks Fearless! Can you give me an idea of what your day eating might look like? e.g.: break, snacks, lunch and tea
    Breakfast-
    Bowl of porridge with a little brown sugar and a banana, or peanut butter or eggs on wholemeal toast

Snacks- yogurt, fruit, nuts, cheese and crackers, chocolate

Lunch- if I'm at work it's sushi/sashimi, a salad baguette or soup, at home usually leftovers.

Dinner- mainly one pot, freezeable stuff like stews, curries. Not much in the way of slabs of meat, always lots of veg and a little bit of meat and carbs. Oh and lots of cheese I like cheesy foods!

At the moment the thing I'm trying to improve is to eat more fish! It's just really small changes over time. Like the breakfast thing, I used to eat Vegemite toast and then get hungry at 10 and want a muffin, or be starving by 12 and buy a huge lunch. I swapped to porridge or eggs and didn't make any other changes until that was completely entrenched and part of my routine. Then I made sure I had 1-2 pieces of fruit a day, then I had 2 or 3 alcohol free days a week, etc etc. really small changes over a really long period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HugsBunny View Post
    What works for me is to simply count calories and exercise.

I allow 1200 calories a day, and if I exercise then I'm allowed more cals.

That's the only thing that works for me.
    This is working for me also. The only other way I have lost weight in the past is through stress

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great practical ideas!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by meredithgrey View Post
    I decided to lose weight when I was hovering very close to the cutoff of a normal and overweight bmi. I simply did not want to be a fat person, I didn't want to let it get to a point where it seemed like an impossible task.

I started running a 3-4 times a week and watching what I ate. By watching what I ate, I simply cut out snack foods - the chocolate bar at morning tea, the handful of biscuits before dinner sort of thing.

I lost 10kg over 7 weeks and have maintained it for the last 7 months with minimal problems.
    I am hovering a that BMI point at the moment. Cutting out snacks is hard for me, I graze, I'll start cutting that out today.

But today @FearlessLeader and @Marigold I gave started with a bowl of porridge with yoghurt, now to get through to lunch with an apple for snack. I've got pumpkin soup with rye for lunch.

Thanks everyone for such great tips, I'm going to use a combination and get going