+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dollypops View Post
    5:2 fast diet. Takes a bit to get used to but definitely works. Dh and I have been doing it since January so it's doable long term. It's meant to have loads of health benefits besides weight loss.
    I did this for a while a couple of years ago and actually found it very doable. My only problem with it at the moment is I don't think I have the will to start it, although that's probably where I'm at with starting anything. I'll check it out again - thanks for the reminder!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks everyone - I do feel like I kind of know what to do but then I get confused with all the confused messages out there. I think I just need to give myself a good kick up the *** and stop heading to the fridge every night because "I'll start tomorrow"

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    It took me 8 years to lose 20kg and so far I've kept it off around 18 months.
    I've never yo-yo'd, that's just how long it took for me to make sustainable changes. And sustainable I think is the key word. Honestly? I don't believe in 5:2 or shakes or paleo or clean eating or low carb or any other fad. All the way along I kept asking myself 'can I sustain this FOREVER?' And if the answer was no, I didn't even try it.
    It really is just about eating sensibly. Eating when you're hungry, eating good food (but not getting overly hung up on what constitutes good food- I don't see the point in worrying about other spreads vs butter for example, it will make very little difference in the scheme of things), keeping treats as treats and not mindlessly snacking on treat food. And that's it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

GlitterFarts  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I've never yo-yo'd, that's just how long it took for me to make sustainable changes. And sustainable I think is the key word. Honestly? I don't believe in 5:2 or shakes or paleo or clean eating or low carb or any other fad. All the way along I kept asking myself 'can I sustain this FOREVER?' And if the answer was no, I didn't even try it.
    It really is just about eating sensibly. Eating when you're hungry, eating good food (but not getting overly hung up on what constitutes good food- I don't see the point in worrying about other spreads vs butter for example, it will make very little difference in the scheme of things), keeping treats as treats and not mindlessly snacking on treat food. And that's it.
    Thanks Fearless! Can you give me an idea of what your day eating might look like? e.g.: break, snacks, lunch and tea

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I am feeling the same babyla. After a month of mil being in and out of hospital, in icu on life support, arranging the funeral and all of the other related upheaval, we have been eating terribly and it is showing on both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    Oh fearless leader can you just sit on my shoulder and whisper this very sensible mantra in my ear.

I have a sedentary job and would love a stand up work station but they do that hand those out too readily.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GingerKat View Post
    I eat a lot of good fats (nuts, eggs, avocado) during the day to keep me full. I avoid anything processed or convenience type foods. I don't eat anything low fat, I eat full fat dairy (keeps me fuller for longer) and I eat red meat at night. What I don't eat much of is carbs, salt and sugar. Minimal bread, starchy foods, lollies and cakes and I avoid preservatives. It is a guaranteed weight loss formula for me every time.
    This exactly! Works for me everytime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    I am feeling the same babyla. After a month of mil being in and out of hospital, in icu on life support, arranging the funeral and all of the other related upheaval, we have been eating terribly and it is showing on both of us.

Oh fearless leader can you just sit on my shoulder and whisper this very sensible mantra in my ear.

I have a sedentary job and would love a stand up work station but they do that hand those out too readily.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    That sounds so full on SPG! It really does become the least important thing when you're under stress which is so frustrating because its the exact moment you need great nutrition. I'm going to try and focus on nourishing not feeding myself. If I have something to follow I can do it, it's just at the moment having to make choices and decisions is not really within reach.

~Marigold~ is offline You make me happy, when skies are grey
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Pretty much exactly what @fearless leader said.

Here's a regular day for me when I'm losing weight:

Breakfast = One or two boiled eggs
    One piece of wholemeal toast spread with avocado or cottage cheese
    Lunch = cruskits with sliced chicken breast, (or tuna) tomato and lettuce
    Or half a tin of baked beans
    Or a salad
    Dinner = Grilled skinless chicken breast dusted with Cajun seasoning topped with Greek yoghurt with garlic and mint, cucumber/tomato/lettuce, vegies etc
    Snacks = cup a soup
    Fruit (a banana is filling)
    Belvita biscuits

I've lost (it fluctuates lately!) Between 15-17 kgs since the end of 2012 and kept it all off. It's only since I stopped working a couple of months ago that I keep yoyoing; one week I gain a kilo, the next I lose it etc..
    I have wanted to lose 5kg for months and months... but I can't seem to do it, I'm really lacking motivation lately.

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Marigold~ View Post
    Pretty much exactly what @fearless leader said.

Here's a regular day for me when I'm losing weight:

Breakfast = One or two boiled eggs
    One piece of wholemeal toast spread with avocado or cottage cheese
    Lunch = cruskits with sliced chicken breast, (or tuna) tomato and lettuce
    Or half a tin of baked beans
    Or a salad
    Dinner = Grilled skinless chicken breast dusted with Cajun seasoning topped with Greek yoghurt with garlic and mint, cucumber/tomato/lettuce, vegies etc
    Snacks = cup a soup
    Fruit (a banana is filling)
    Belvita biscuits

I've lost (it fluctuates lately!) Between 15-17 kgs since the end of 2012 and kept it all off. It's only since I stopped working a couple of months ago that I keep yoyoing; one week I gain a kilo, the next I lose it etc..
    I have wanted to lose 5kg for months and months... but I can't seem to do it, I'm really lacking motivation lately.

Good luck x
    Thanks Marigold! This is very helpful. I think its easy to forget what normal eating looks like or for me portion size too. I will give this a go, starting tomorrow. I'm desperate to get motivated. Ideally I would like to lose about 12kgs. Lets get going with this

11. The Following User Says Thank You to babyla For This Useful Post:

~Marigold~  (11-06-2014)

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    protein protein protein.

but after a while its really hard. only so long i can stomach meat and sh1t load of eggs and chobani yogurt. but it does work.