+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post

Were you ' looking ' for a partner when you met or not looking at all.

Nope not at all. I actually remember thinking (before we even met) that I was in a really good place in my life - happy with myself and who I was, what I was doing.

How long after you met did you realize this was the one?

Not long - can't remember exactly how long.....but we had this crazy connection... I remember having the physical sensation of actually being weightless/falling (gently mind you!) when we stared into one another's eyes!

Oh young love lol!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to littleduck For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I def wasnt looking and had just declared that I was never dating again. I knew within a few days that I was 'in trouble' as there was a very different spark with him and probably within a month that it was a very long term relationship

Sent from my GT-I9507 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to dancingbutterfly For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    I was definitely ready to find somebody but was totally unexpected and not looking the night I actually met my now husband.

We were both late 20's so had done the dating thing with other people for years, and were both ready to settle down with the right person.

I knew straight away. Maybe it was years of dating?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I definitely wasn't looking. I'd just had my heart broken by the guy who I thought was 'the one' when I met my DH.

It took him a long time to convince me to go on a date with him, I just wasn't interested. My flat mate convinced me to go eventually, and I was smitten from the get go.

I was crazy about him right away, but denied my feelings for a few months. I had just come out of what I *thought* was the 'perfect relationship' and what i had with DH looked nothing like that, so I didn't take it seriously.

Side note: I recently found some old photos of the night I met DH. I'd been out with friends having a boozey afternoon. I looked at myself and thought 'wow. You really had no idea you were only hours away from meeting your husband and father of your children'.

That was 10 years ago!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MissusMac For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all that have answered. I really need to keep believing there's nice men out there.

So two more questions.

Id just gotten out of a relationship where i was being taken advantage of and up until the end of that relationship but been in a continuous ****** of negative relationships; most being abusive. So my plan was to be single but still have some fun but it was my time to focus on me and what i wanted, i didnt want or need a man at that time. I needed to heal from 8 years worth of ****ty relationships.

Anyway, i knew OF my partner for 4 years. He was a friend of a friend. After a few months of being single and starting to be me again, my bestie decided to drag me out of bed one night (literally) to go to a housewarming party. He was there and we havent looked back since.
    No i wasnt looking but i knew i found what i wanted in him. And that was a lifelong partner. I knew he was it about a year into the relationship when i realised it didnt turn to s**t like the others did.
    We are now expecting a beautiful unplanned little girl and on the verge of buying our own house and couldnt be happier.

Nice guys are out there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to MummaCat For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Thanks to all that have answered. I really need to keep believing there's nice men out there.

So two more questions.

Hmm. I met my DH on the net. And well we discuss this sometimes, both of us met, we never intended to be an item. But our chemistry was pretty amazing, that everything just happened at once.
    So no I wasn't really looking, he just sort of exploded into my life..

As for knowing he was the one. He made some serious sacrifices just to be with me. And he had stood by me through some of the toughest things imaginable, and I did some things that was very questionable, but he loved me through it all. He is that dedicated to me, I questioned myself a lot at the start, would I be willing to sacrifice just as much for him, and well, I did. I realised, if I was willing to do that for him, it was for real. I loved him enough to want to do things for him, and be there for him through everything.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to White Mage For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014

Definitely wasnt looking, but I was only 17 when we met.

Hmm, hard to say really. I cant remember an actual moment, but I've just imagined us being together since we first started dating. We're one of those annoying couples who have silly inside jokes that no one else understands, we laugh at the same inappropriate things, I've never met someone I click with so well. We just get each other.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wasn't looking for life partner.. Was looking for a 'good time' though, hahaha.

I had just got out of a very abusive relationship, literally took an avo out on ex 2 days before meeting dh.

Met at the pub, was having fun all night with him, and our friends.
    Went home with my room mate, spent the rest of the night texting and chatting.

2 wks after we met I told my room mate I was going to marry him

Were engaged after 7 months, married 1 1/2 yrs after we met

The minute I met dh, my life changed. I'm soooo glad I had a sh*tty day at work and decided to go for a beer.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to kezty For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasnt looking. I had taken time out after a failed marriage to travel the world and do things for me. It wasnt until I had completely healed that I met my DH.

Initially I was not interested and having too much fun with my girlfriends which obviously only made him keener, and he went to great efforts to pursue me.

Men are kind of retarded like that.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I first saw DH when I started my first job at 16 and thought "wow, I'm gonna marry that guy" (eeek so young!!! ) We started going out about 18 months later. At 17/18 I wanted a boyfriend but I am not sure I really honestly believed he was "the one" (I think this had a lot to do with friends/family/busy-bodies telling me I was too young for something so serious). At around 19 I just knew for sure this was it, and we moved in together. We have built up our lives together, spent our whole adult lives together, I can't really imagine doing it any other way now. We have had a few pretty tough times over the years (mostly because we were so young when we got together I think), but we always come out the other side stronger than before. Now with our first bub on the way life just keeps getting better
    Last edited by Pearlygirl; 13-06-2014 at 10:45.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Pearlygirl For This Useful Post: