+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnyflower View Post
    Thanks to all that have answered. I really need to keep believing there's nice men out there.

So two more questions.

Were you ' looking ' for a partner when you met or not looking at all.

How long after you met did you realize this was the one?
    Was I looking for a partner: Not at all. I was 22 & was starting my career. The last thing I was looking for was a husband but it was such a lovely surprise! I love surprises well good ones anyway!

When did I realise he was the one: pretty much straight away. I know it sounds silly & I never ever believed you could tell straight away until I met DH. I felt like he was someone I had known for years or met before, again I know how silly that sounds! He says the same thing too. He is someone I can't wait to come home too & talk too.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Nope wasn't looking! I had given up on men and for the first time felt content being single. (Until he came along of course)

I knew he was the one as soon as we met but tried to fight it as he wasn't the "picture" in my head of who I thought the "one" was suppose to be? If that makes sense😊

Anyway can't fight love moved in with each other after 2 weeks and have been together forever now😘 can I just add we moved in together before being fully intimate? I know so weird haha we just knew this was it so may aswell get started with the process LOL

I'm so lucky he is a real rare diamond love him to bits although he can be a pain in the b.um sometimes! But I can be a bigger pain in his b.um so it's okay😁
    Last edited by LoCo; 12-06-2014 at 09:31.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LoCo For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    No I wasn't looking for a partner. I was 21 and single for the first time (for more than a few months) since I was 15. I enjoyed that year of singeldom so much. I was in my last year of uni (teaching) and was ready to be posted to whoop whoop. Then bang, met DH, knew he was the one once we started dating and never looked back.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to teenie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    A big hell no. I was on my car forums just looking for a bit of fun after being in an abusive relationship for 13 years. Then what happens, I click with this one guy, who's younger but has all the same interests, is easy to talk to etc. Anyways he flies down for a week and it took us a day of spending time together to know it was going to work. 3 years later we're getting married and have twins on the way.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Demonica For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I had just gotten out of a long term relationship and was looking forward to having some fun, casual relationships. So, no, not looking at all.
    Within a few months I knew he was someone I could see myself with for the long haul and due to my work we ended up moving away to a regional town by the end of the first year together so by that stage we were committed to each other.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to NoteToSelf For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    When DH and I first met we were both dating other people. But yes, I was definitely at a point in my life where I wanted to settle down and get married.

A few dates in I knew he was the one. I think it was about six months in that we started talking about where our relationship was headed and marriage, but didn't actually get married for a few years. We've been together 9 years and married for almost 6 years.

In honesty, before I met DH my faith in "good men" being out there was definitely waning. I was 30 so had had a some of serious and not-so-serious relationships, mostly disastrous. I look back now and wonder why I ever put up with those idiots and the way they treated me. I think my self-esteem must have been pretty low at the time being one of the last of friends my age to partner up.

DH came along and he was completely different to any other guy that I'd dated before. He was just so normal, not trying to be someone he wasn't, comfortable in his own skin, like "the boy next door" or "the nice guy". He treated me with respect and was/is just so caring and generous.

You have to believe they are out there, even though it might not feel like it. I think they come along when you least expect it but when you need them the most.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Demonica  (12-06-2014),sunnyflower  (12-06-2014),TheGooch  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely not looking. I had just turned 15! I knew I loved him a few weeks in to our relationship. I don't know when I realised he was the one. We had relationship counselling at 18 (living together, young and immature but thought we were grown ups...we came very close to breaking up because our relationship was toxic at that point. I don't know why we didn't just break up then really, given how young we were...I guess we just knew we didn't want to not have each other in our lives.
    When I was 20 I questioned why I was with him and had a couple of months where I really distanced myself, unsure if I was with him because I really wanted to spend my life with him, or if I was just 'settling.' I came to the conclusion that I did really love him and wanted to be with him. We've had our rough patches over the last 16 years, but ultimately we've bought fought hard for our relationship (because it is one worth fighting for).
    For my husband, he's never doubted it. He knew he wanted to spend forever with me from early on in our relationship and he's never questioned our relationship, or his feelings towards me.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Not looking. I was 19, and he'd just broken up with his previous girlfriend a month before. I really liked him, but I wasn't keen on being his rebound girl.

After our first date we had trouble spending a night apart, and have been practically inseparable ever since (7.5yrs). We'd been together less than 3 weeks when he first told me he loved me, we both just 'knew' this was it.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to TaylorMade For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Were you ' looking ' for a partner when you met or not looking at all?
    I was def looking as in purposely going out in new places and with new groups. I'd never say no to an invitation even a lame one. You never know how it might turn out

We go together 2 days after we met and I knew he was the one fairly quickly. I guess I was certain of that after maybe 3 months?!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I was "looking" but nothing really felt right, I just couldn't connect with a guy like I wanted to. Then, a friend of mine started opening up to me about how he was unhappy and wanted to end things for good with his ex (separated for a couple of years, but still sort of seeing each other). I started spending more time with him as we had the most amazing conversations and realized I'd been denying for quite some time that I was in love with him! He felt the same and we got together shortly after he broke up with his ex.

Since we admitted our feelings for each other it has always felt serious. It's as simple as not being able to imagine him not being in my life. He truly is my other half and makes me feel happy in myself in a way I never knew was possible until I opened my heart to him.

Sent from my HTC One X using The Bub Hub mobile app

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Arlais For This Useful Post: