+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was 13, of course I was looking but not for anything serious.

Almost immediately. C'mon I was 13, doesn't everyone think they've for the one at that age......no?..

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Gothel  (11-06-2014),sunnyflower  (11-06-2014)

AdornedWithCats is offline Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Were you ' looking ' for a partner when you met or not looking at all.

No not at all. He came walking right into my life & introduced himself. It was very unexpected.

How long after you met did you realize this was the one?

It took me quite a while. We hit it off straight away as friends and he had fallen in love at first sight. Luckily he was persistant because i turnes him away a few times. It took about two months before i decided to go out with him and maybe another two months before i decided he was the one i wanted to marry. He knew straight away haha.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Not looking at all. I was just having fun with my girlfriends after a few crappy relationships.

Not long, I think he knew before I did. I'd say within a few months but it wasn't till 8 years later that we got engaged. We were 19 when we met so no rush

6. The Following User Says Thank You to LouLaa For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I wasn't 'looking'. I had moved to the country for a job to save some money for a year to move to the UK with my best mate. Met DH and new he was the one.
    Ended up going backpacking with my mate, but I came back to Oz after a few months and she moved to London and still lives there now 7 years later whilst DH and I are married with a bub. Definitely not what I has pictured!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Jellyfishie For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    So two more questions.

Not looking as we were just kids lol. Over the years at different times either I or he wanted more. We just never until a few years ago got our timibg right.

Very very young. Probably at 13/14 when we first met. We have a connection/bond thats always been there.

Sent from my SM-G900I using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ourbradybunch For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Definitely not looking - I knew him for about a year but never really spoke much personally ( at work in a big office) and one day we were both working late and just started having a d and m about my separation after he heard me having a fight over the phone with my ex and I looked at him in a totally different way, 2 or 3 months of flirting then we got together, I knew after the first week of it getting serious he was the one

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Elijahs Mum For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts

Not at all. I was 19 and happily single, I lived for flings and good times DH was my first boyfriend.

We moved in together (with 2 mutual friends) after 4 months of dating, a month after that he proposed. So I guess I knew fairly early on? I don't know really!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Lillynix For This Useful Post:

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    * I wasn't looking, I was actually breaking up with someone and a friend took me out to cheer me up.

* It was a while tbh. I didn't trust too easily I guess especially after my ex. He included me in everything, called me just to say hello, popped around just to see me, called me at night to say goodnight if we weren't together. I gradually came to trust him and told him I loved him after maybe 3 months (he said it after 2 weeks!)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Gothel For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ending 5/6/15100 Posts in a week

Not looking at all. I had been seeing a older, very attractive hunk of a doctor for over 2 years. We lived separately, had no interest in merging lives and after my awful ex husband had no care to ever have a man as more then that. I was not expecting a young factory worker to sweep me off my feet. He is the most sweetest man I have ever met. I am best friends with my doctor ex and we talk 2-5 times a day.

It took me a while as I am a total intellectual and social snob and he does not tick the conventional boxes. I love him more for this though.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Maxwell's Silver Hammer For This Useful Post:

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Was I looking? Not really. I had zero expectations after a string of absolute knobs! But after he dropped me off after our first date. Then came back 5 minutes later and knocked on the door and said "You don't have to ask me in but I had to come back and tell you I think you're absolutely gorgeous" That got me thinking...

How long did it take to realise he was 'the one'? We've been together 2 years and sometimes I still get a shock when I look at him and realise all the things I always said I wanted I actually have. I need to remind myself sometimes and I need to tell him more often.It was probably around 9 months in when I said 'I love you' and really meant it.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to TheGooch For This Useful Post: