+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default NIPT/Harmony/Verifi Testing

For those of you who have had the prenatal testing done:

• how long till your results came back?
    • did you have your NT test before or after you had your results?

I want to move my NT test forward a few days and was wondering if I need to wait for those results from my NIPT testing to be available or if I can have the NT test without them..

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @French Pear
    I haven't had the NIPT/Harmony test myself but I think the results can take up to two weeks...I also think you can have the NT test done before you get the results back. But I could be wrong, hopefully someone can answer who's had it done. Can you ask your GP/ob?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had the harmony test at just over 10 weeks and the nt scan at 12 weeks. My harmony results took 3 weeks to get back(apparently its between 2 to 3 weeks) .mine was also over easter. You can have your nt without without your blood test results back.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Mine took just under two weeks to come back. I had it done on a Monday and the results came back the Friday of the week after.

As far as I am aware there is no need to have those results before doing your NT - of course different scanning places and different Drs may have different policies.

Good luck x

Thanks
    Reviews
    My results were said to return in 10 days but they didn't and the call came one hour after the nt scan which made it 14 days. Longest wait of my life

Thanks
    Reviews
    I did my NIPT test at 10 weeks and at my scan at 12 weeks the results were back and we were able to get the results then and there from the sonographer.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies I have moved my NT scan forward to this Friday.. the 13th

I thought when I called the US place may have tried to fob me off and make me wait till the results were back, but they didn't.