+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 513141516 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Daisy Duck View Post
    I think the bigger question here is: are those tights as pants???
    BAHAHAHA! Now THAT is a problem!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to babyblu11 For This Useful Post:

Pusheen The Cat  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ha ha, I was describing this story to a friend yesterday and I couldn't help but add "And I'm pretty sure she was wearing leggings as pants...."

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    thank you for making me laugh this morning

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I don't think a business should have to have a special area for mums to go and pump, feed, or do handstands.. It would be 'nice' if they could accommodate her, but, yeah, shouldn't be necessary. Festivals are porta loo land, she really should've looked into it better. I was a bf mum back in 2002 at the m-one festival and hand expressed, standing up in the loo.. A porta loo actually. Not my finest moment but taking a pump there never crossed my mind. You do what you have to do.
    The staff were just plain rude and stupid though. The was no need to make a joke about it, hopefully they do better next time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Rikki Forrest is a troublemaker. She's done this sort of thing before. She loves the attention, people and unfortunately she's all too aware of what gets mileage and what doesn't. Spare a thought for the staff who were caught on the hop, unfairly and inaccurately maligned and were very, very upset at the aftermath which this woman wrought on this small business. I'm all for breastfeeding but Ms Forrest's selfish actions put us all back a century and did nothing at all for the breastfeeding movement.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    Rikki Forrest is a troublemaker. She's done this sort of thing before. She loves the attention, people and unfortunately she's all too aware of what gets mileage and what doesn't. Spare a thought for the staff who were caught on the hop, unfairly and inaccurately maligned and were very, very upset at the aftermath which this woman wrought on this small business. I'm all for breastfeeding but Ms Forrest's selfish actions put us all back a century and did nothing at all for the breastfeeding movement.
    What has she done before? Were you actually there? Just wondering as you seem certain the staff were portrayed in accurately??

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Ms Forrest's selfish actions put us all back a century and did nothing at all for the breastfeeding movement.
    thats a little dramatic!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to ExcuseMyFrench For This Useful Post:

snowqu33n  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Care to elaborate?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am truly surprised at the reaction to my post given some of the things said in here. In comparison, I thought mine rather tame and interestingly enough, people are asking for evidence whereas other comments were left go. How many standards are there in here exactly? I'm new so I need to know for future reference...lol

Yes, I was there. Yes, I do know the person in question. Yes, she has pulled attention seeking stunts like this before. Yes, I do know the winery in question and the lovely staff who are employed there. I also know that what Rikki was reported to have been told was not accurate. This is something that has also been raised in other reports of this incident.

I live in the Fleurieu and it's a very small place. And yes, this story has been reported widely. Just because you don't read other publications such as the Sydney Morning Herald, The Australian and online blogs such as Mamamia et al, doesn't mean people aren't talking (and *****ing, attacking, whinging) about it. They are and it's impacted adversely on the business. A business that good people have worked very hard to keep going.

And no, I don't think I'm being dramatic at all. I happen to care very deeply what happens in my own backyard and I'm a little tired of people using parenting issues to bolster their own selfish "breastfeeding", "equal opportunity" agenda.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

VicPark  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks for explaining @Mrs Tickle

The reason why I asked you to elaborate is because your comment goes further than just stating an opinion on what's in the media so I was curious.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (17-06-2014)