Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    @peanutmonkey
    A big happy 1st bday to your little fella for today as well xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Juzz View Post
    Thanks Amyd - my seat does have markers, I will check tomorrow where his shoulders are in relation to these... I would love to hear your suggestions of the booster seats that had a high weight limit for the harness... Thanks!
    If he still fits under the height markers you keep using the harness no matter his weight. The seats that have the highest markers for inbuilt harness use (no weight limit) are the safe n sound maxi rider easy adjust and the infasecure convertible boosters but if you can hold off there may be seats with higher markers coming out by the end of the year.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    I'm worried about them being able to undo the lash seat belt or stretch it out and move around too much as well but they are clearly too tall for the straps on their current seats with the 5 point harness, especially ds who turns 5 in July.

The seats mum bought are actually quite safe looking with high backs and sides and the lash seat belts fit them perfectly so decided to let S use it for the weekend but after reading all of this and thinking about it I've realised we need to go seat shopping again as they are too tall for the ones we have.. The seats are infasecure I think, but they were both purchased a few years ago now.
    @RipperRita check out the seats I mentioned in the post above. The infasecure convertible boosters have just had their markers moved and made higher. If you want to post/PM a photo I'm happy to tell you whether it's one that now has higher markers. As an aside the infasecure convertible boosters with the height markers have been crash tested using the inbuilt harness in the top slot with a 32kg dummy and passed. The only reason they aren't labelled to be used like that is because there are maximum heights for labels set in the standard.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

RipperRita  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks amyd.
    I might go and check out a couple you suggested. The ones we have at the moment are too small and we need one with higher shoulder markers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Thanks amyd.
    I might go and check out a couple you suggested. The ones we have at the moment are too small and we need one with higher shoulder markers.
    Do you have a toys r us near you? All the Infa convertible boosters are on sale for under $150. The Rallye at Big W is $176 and will be on special in the baby sale coming up next month.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to callmedragon22 For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have the Infasecure rally from big W and the shoulder markers are quite high. As I mentioned my DD is huge, 23kg, but probably has another year before she reaches the markers. Though she keeps trying by lifting her arm up .
    I don't really get the seat belt path for booster seat mode though. I see there's a strap on the back and it's meant to come over the top but it looks odd to me. Great in harness mode though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I have the Infasecure rally from big W and the shoulder markers are quite high. As I mentioned my DD is huge, 23kg, but probably has another year before she reaches the markers. Though she keeps trying by lifting her arm up .
    I don't really get the seat belt path for booster seat mode though. I see there's a strap on the back and it's meant to come over the top but it looks odd to me. Great in harness mode though.
    The strap on the back with the plastic clip thing on it feeds through the harness slots in the shell. You then slot the seatbelt into it and adjust the position of the plastic bit on its strap to get the seatbelt sitting right.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (12-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by amyd View Post
    The strap on the back with the plastic clip thing on it feeds through the harness slots in the shell. You then slot the seatbelt into it and adjust the position of the plastic bit on its strap to get the seatbelt sitting right.
    Oooooohhhhh thank you!!!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

amyd  (12-06-2014)