+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 62
  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyToFurryBabies View Post
    H harnesses have been known to cause major abdominal injuries, as most don't get used properly, so if you're looking at getting a H harness, speak to a professional installer who can explain how to use it properly. Have a look at 'Belle's Gift' on youtube. A story of what happened to a little girl who was involved in an accident, while she was in a booster. There a seats out there that will allow a child to be harnessed up to 5,6,7 years of age.
    The two main convertible booster seats with the highest shoulder markers are the safe n sound maxi rider easy adjust and the infasecure rallye. The rallye often comes on sale at big w, so you can get it cheaper than the SnS. These seats provide longer harnessing due to higher shoulder markers.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    There's a FB page called 'child restraints, is your child restrained correctly'. The members there include professional installers who have a wealth of information on seats and current restraint laws.

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,117
    Thanks
    2,909
    Thanked
    3,332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyToFurryBabies View Post
    The two main convertible booster seats with the highest shoulder markers are the safe n sound maxi rider easy adjust and the infasecure rallye. The rallye often comes on sale at big w, so you can get it cheaper than the SnS. These seats provide longer harnessing due to higher shoulder markers.
    Thanks these are the two I already have, I still think we will be lucky to make 3, let alone 4. There's an inch left before the markers and she's 2.5. Problem is a lot of her weight is in her bum which makes it like sitting on a cushion.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    43
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked
    3
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    Thanks these are the two I already have, I still think we will be lucky to make 3, let alone 4. There's an inch left before the markers and she's 2.5. Problem is a lot of her weight is in her bum which makes it like sitting on a cushion.
    Yike! Hopefully she might start growing in the legs, so her torso height slows down. I 'think' the newer Rallye might have come out with higher markers, so it might be worth calling Infasecure to check, as they can send you out a new cover with the higher markers, if your current seat has the older markers.

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,667
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,570
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyToFurryBabies View Post
    Yike! Hopefully she might start growing in the legs, so her torso height slows down. I 'think' the newer Rallye might have come out with higher markers, so it might be worth calling Infasecure to check, as they can send you out a new cover with the higher markers, if your current seat has the older markers.
    Good point about the markers. If you have any model of infasecure convertible booster with height markers they have changed them. They used to be 3 markers evenly spaced. With the changes the middle 'change to booster' marker is now closer to the 'stop use' line and essentially let's you use the second slot with the inbuilt harness.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

    MummyToFurryBabies  (14-06-2014)

  7. #56
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I use a hipod booster with inbuilt harness I bought it from target when DD was 18 months she's 3 now and the height of an average 5 year old she still has a fair bit before hitting the highest height markers

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    4,117
    Thanks
    2,909
    Thanked
    3,332
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I only bought it a couple off months ago, it might already be the new one.
    I keep waiting for my DD1 to stop growing but it hasn't slowed even slightly. Physically it's getting really hard to lift her in and out of the car, or carry her anywhere. She weighs as much as her 7yo cousin!

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Mildura
    Posts
    1,565
    Thanks
    486
    Thanked
    395
    Reviews
    1
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wise Enough View Post
    I only bought it a couple off months ago, it might already be the new one.
    I keep waiting for my DD1 to stop growing but it hasn't slowed even slightly. Physically it's getting really hard to lift her in and out of the car, or carry her anywhere. She weighs as much as her 7yo cousin!
    My local baby store told me that a couple of the infasecure booster seat say up to 8 years but you'd be lucky to fit a child past 4-5 in them.

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  10. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    4,667
    Thanks
    1,961
    Thanked
    2,570
    Reviews
    6
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    My local baby store told me that a couple of the infasecure booster seat say up to 8 years but you'd be lucky to fit a child past 4-5 in them.

    Sent from my HUAWEI Y300-0151 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I know people who still have children older than 8 in them. My 4 year old has 5 of torso growth to go before he has to stop using the harness.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    1,914
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked
    552
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Op if youve weighed it up and are happy with your decision then I say go for it.
    Dd has a sns AHR maxi rider with height markings and changed to booster before she was 4 because she is very tall and was past the marker.
    We waited as long as we could in DH's car bit she exceeded thr weight limits in that one too.
    Check the laws for your state-theres always a provision for taller kids in there


    Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app


 

Similar Threads

  1. Another car seat question - 7yo in Booster
    By ICanDream in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 14-12-2013, 08:54
  2. Car seat/ Booster seat question...
    By OS&N in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 21-09-2013, 22:04
  3. Booster seat for a 2yr old???
    By Lumpy Melon in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 15-07-2013, 20:43

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Tambo Teddies
Visit our online store and select your individually handmade natural sheepskin teddy bear. Our soft and loveable bears come in a range of styles and colours. Created in Outback Queensland each bear is unique individual. 100% Australian made!
sales & new stuffsee all
Pea Pods
Buy 2 Award Winning Pea Pods Reusable One Size Nappies for only $38 (in your choice of colours) and receive a FREE roll of Bamboo Liners. Don't miss out, we don't usually have discounts on the nappies, so grab this special offer!
Special Offer! Save $12
featured supporter
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!