+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MummyToFurryBabies View Post
    Clearly you just want to take information from these posts that suit your decision and that's fine.

But when someone actually points out that there is a law and charges may be laid for the incorrect use of a child restrain, which may be charges of neglect, you deem that as ridiculous. Why ask for opinions and information and then 'attack' the information that doesn't suit your decision?
    Isn't neglect more likely to be no child seat at all? With all due respect I think you're stretching the definition of neglect a bit here.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Bunty For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Target have a couple harness 6 month to 8 years car seats half price at the moment. the mothers choice one is only $70. My 3 year old is tall for his age his as big as a 5 year old but he will be harnessed for a long time yet.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty View Post
    Isn't neglect more likely to be no child seat at all? With all due respect I think you're stretching the definition of neglect a bit here.
    This would be my understanding as well. Clearly I love and care for my children otherwise I wouldn't have sought information.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Bunty  (14-06-2014),Que Sera  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by our3boys View Post
    Target have a couple harness 6 month to 8 years car seats half price at the moment. the mothers choice one is only $70. My 3 year old is tall for his age his as big as a 5 year old but he will be harnessed for a long time yet.
    Can I buy a harness separately?
    Because I do prefer the size and shape of the booster seats but would like my 3 yr old still in a harness. And flame me, but I don't want to buy an expensive seat that she can only use for a limited amount of time.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Because I do prefer the size and shape of the booster seats but would like my 3 yr old still in a harness. And flame me, but I don't want to buy an expensive seat that she can only use for a limited amount of time.
    You can buy H harnesses seperately to use in booster seats. I bought a couple when my DS1 first went into a booster seat.
    I've been told they are really not recommend though, as most often they aren't installed properly.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    You can buy a h harness separately. They aren't legal for children under 4 unless they have to be in a booster due to size and they are no safer than a normal seatbelt with a booster. In fact they have a very high misuse rate rate which actually makes them more dangerous than a normal seatbelt so they only recommend them for when you only have a lap belt (just the bit over the lap not across the chest). The other thing to watch for is that they aren't compatible with all seats.

ETA: didn't realise someone else was answering at the same time - wasn't trying to bludgeon you to death with the same info

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    The H Harness is no longer recommended as it can cause a lot of injuries and something like 90% (not actual statistic just what kidsafe told me) are installed and used incorrectly. You are safer using a lapsash seatbelt.

ETA: the seats on sale at target are convertible boosters, so once she outgrows harness you can just take the harness out and use seatbelt, just another option.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is a provision in the law for police to lay charges in these types of scenarios. I don't have to know of real life examples, I just have to be aware that this law exists.

It is up to the discretion of the police that attend the scene to determine what charges will be laid, if any.

Why shouldn't the OP be made aware of what may happen if their child is involved in an accident and it is deemed they were in the incorrect seat?

Nope, child endangerment would definitely not be used in this scenario or at a collision regardless of the outcome. That would still be the penalty notice, or the same offence but added to a court brief if there were other charges relating to the driving.

There are other indictable offences that could be used in extreme and escalated scenarios however it is neither of benefit to this thread nor other users who are trying to do the best thing for their child to be scare mongered.

BTW - charges are issued not laid lol.

Thanks
    Reviews
    H harnesses have been known to cause major abdominal injuries, as most don't get used properly, so if you're looking at getting a H harness, speak to a professional installer who can explain how to use it properly. Have a look at 'Belle's Gift' on youtube. A story of what happened to a little girl who was involved in an accident, while she was in a booster. There a seats out there that will allow a child to be harnessed up to 5,6,7 years of age.

Thanks
    Reviews
    H harnesses have been known to cause major abdominal injuries, as most don't get used properly, so if you're looking at getting a H harness, speak to a professional installer who can explain how to use it properly. Have a look at 'Belle's Gift' on youtube. A story of what happened to a little girl who was involved in an accident, while she was in a booster. There a seats out there that will allow a child to be harnessed up to 5,6,7 years of age.
    What seats are these? Can you give us some brands?