+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Nope, not a chance. My DD is 3 1/2 and there is just no way I would consider it.

It is not just about weight and height it is about muscle formation etc and it just isn't safe.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to River Song For This Useful Post:

peanutmonkey  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    If she is involved in a car accident (even if it's not her fault) she could be facing a fine of nearly $400 and possible charges of child endangerment. The laws are there for a reason.

Thanks
    Reviews
    http://www.gtp.com.au/kidsafeqld/ine...nt%20rules.pdf

According to this if she is 18kgs and her shoulders are above the marker it is legal for her to use it. Likewise if a 4 yr old meets the age requirements but not the weight or height requirements they must remain in a car seat with 5 point harness.

I still need to think about it...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

Wise Enough  (13-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Think I might lend her mine for this time but let her use it once she turns 4 in September.

Thanks everyone

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

GrabbyCrabby  (13-06-2014)

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    Think I might lend her mine for this time but let her use it once she turns 4 in September.

Thanks everyone
    This is what I would do better to be safe then sorry

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by RipperRita View Post
    http://www.gtp.com.au/kidsafeqld/ine...nt%20rules.pdf

According to this if she is 18kgs and her shoulders are above the marker it is legal for her to use it. Likewise if a 4 yr old meets the age requirements but not the weight or height requirements they must remain in a car seat with 5 point harness.

I still need to think about it...
    Yes if there is NO other option out there. Considering most 6 year olds can still be harnessed in the new height marker seats this would be an exceptionally rare case. But they obviously do have to provide for this situation in the legislation.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by just her chameleon View Post
    Yes if there is NO other option out there. Considering most 6 year olds can still be harnessed in the new height marker seats this would be an exceptionally rare case. But they obviously do have to provide for this situation in the legislation.
    My 3 year old is the height and weight of a 5-6 year old and still fits in a 5 point harness easily. She will probably fit for at least another year or 2 yet.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to LiterallyNoOne For This Useful Post:

just her chameleon  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LiterallyNoOne View Post
    My 3 year old is the height and weight of a 5-6 year old and still fits in a 5 point harness easily. She will probably fit for at least another year or 2 yet.
    Yep my 2.5yr old DS quite often sits in DD's seat after we've dropped her at school. She is almost 6 and still harnessed and I don't have to adjust the harness at all! He's a big boy

13. The Following User Says Thank You to just her chameleon For This Useful Post:

LiterallyNoOne  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    So after all these threads on car seats and seeing the boosters my mum bought, I've realised both ds and dd are way too tall for their current seats with 5 point harness and am going to go and look at new seats this weekend.

I thought they were safer in the seat we have rather than the booster be a use of the seat belts but after trying them I can see they are way to tall for my seats and both fit into the boosters far better height wise. Their heads are too tall for our current seats, where as the booster seats mum purchased offers them much great head and body protection although the lash belts are still a concern of mine.
    Last edited by RipperRita; 12-06-2014 at 08:22.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

HeyMissA  (14-06-2014),LiterallyNoOne  (14-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    My DS is 3.5 years now and has been in a booster seat with the regular seat belt for about 6 months. Hes a big boy and was just too big for his other seat. He knows hes not allowed to undo his seat until the car is turned off...i told him if he did mummy would get in trouble with the police. Hes never done it.

So long as the seat belt is in the right position (across the shoulder, not the neck) she should be ok.