+ Reply to Thread

Default Gift from Groom's father and step mother??

Hi, my SS20 is getting married next month. I'm not sure what we should give them as a present? They haven't lived together yet and so we gave them a Myer gift card for the Engagement party.

The Bride's parents seem very traditional, however no one has asked about us paying for the reception or honeymoon.

The BM is also repartnered and they are both in hospitality, so did a lot of the cooking etc at the engagement party. However, DH and BM are not on talking terms. Should DH call SS to ask him or should we just give them a cheque?

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would def touch base with SS, to let him know where you're at with your thoughts.
    Let him know you'd like to give something practical and that you are actually thinking of them / waiting to do the best thing.
    You never know- he may suggest something very specific or just say that a chq is great; perhaps to put toward the honeymoon once all the wedding is done and dusted 😊
    Good luck!!

DH (34) Me (30)
    DS1 (8) * DS2 (4)
    ❤️ My Family ❤️

Egg donor 2012

Similar Threads

1. New father gift
    By Neada in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 21-04-2014, 03:24
  2. What is my chances the father of my child's mother will get what she wants?
    By heidililith31 in forum Issues with Family Members
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-02-2014, 19:14
  3. Gift for mother of twins ideas
    By ciaomamma in forum Parents of Multiple-Births
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16-11-2013, 12:52