+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Filling out noise diary - barking dog

How do I fill out the Council's noise diary when the dog barks a lot at night? It barks during the day as well but i need to provide an accurate picture of the barking problem, not half of it. Unless I force myself to stay awake all night every night im not sure what im meant to do.

The dog wakes me up but not completely, so if I then sit up to fill out my noise diary ill wake up completely. If im completely awake I have no hope of getting back to sleep again while the dog is barking.

The Council werent very helpful, just said I'll have to fill it out so that they can take some action.

This dog has been a problem for a long time & unless I can fill out the noise diary I have no idea how I will cope when bubs is here in terms of getting any sleep

Sent from my SM-T210 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by heartstringz View Post
    How do I fill out the Council's noise diary when the dog barks a lot at night? It barks during the day as well but i need to provide an accurate picture of the barking problem, not half of it. Unless I force myself to stay awake all night every night im not sure what im meant to do.

The dog wakes me up but not completely, so if I then sit up to fill out my noise diary ill wake up completely. If im completely awake I have no hope of getting back to sleep again while the dog is barking.

The Council werent very helpful, just said I'll have to fill it out so that they can take some action.

This dog has been a problem for a long time & unless I can fill out the noise diary I have no idea how I will cope when bubs is here in terms of getting any sleep

Perhaps record it? Is that possible?

Thanks
    Reviews
    For the diary I need the time of when it starts barking & the time when it stops barking & I dont know how to get that with a recording if I just leaving it running all night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you use the stopwatch function on your phone, just hit the lap button when it wakes you and guesstimate the end time? You'd have to make note of the time you turned the stopwatch on, and then work out the time from there..

Thanks
    Reviews
    I can try, but im trying to avoid waking myself up completely because the dog is so loud that I have to move to a different room in order to get back to sleep

Thanks
    Reviews
    Can you use something like your computer to record it? That way the recording will have a time/date stamp. Start it at eg. 10pm then you know at 1hr 31min was 11.31pm etc.

You may need to download a program called caffiene that stops your computer from going to sleep when there is no activity on it. (It's like coffee for computers - keeps it awake! lol)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sent u a pm

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks laadies!