+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Exclamation Help! Fear of labour after previous birth

I had a bad birth with my son. I won't get too into it but i had a real short induced labour (55 mins) and a hyperactive uterus and he was born stunned and not breathing with the cord wrapped around his neck. I'm now 19 weeks with my 3rd and i was insistent on having a section to avoid induction ( she will be born before 37 weeks because of health issues) but now i'm not so sure. I ant to birth her and reaffirm that my body can do this but i'm so so so scared of another horrifying labour. I can't talk to any mental health nurse at my hospital as they are all booked up until October What can i do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hey I don't have any solutions but just hugs. I am in a similar position, 24 weeks with my second and petrified of giving birth after a bad birth with my son. I want to do it naturally but I also have panic attacks when I think about how dangerous my labour was. I haven't raised it yet with my health care providers because I am too scared to even discuss it. I just want to give hugs and say you aren't alone and I wish you the best of luck!!

AdornedWithCats is online now Winner 2013 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Winner 2014 - Best Username

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/6/15Funniest Caption400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week
    Maybe see if you can find a birth councilor? I know of one in Victoria who is an experienced midwife. If you can find one you could go through what happened last time & ways to make this birth more peaceful. Do you think the quick birth was due to induction? Can you be induced differently this time?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

4. The Following User Says Thank You to AdornedWithCats For This Useful Post:

Lottiemum  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Contact your hospitals patient representative and explain your situation. They may be able to work with you to arrange an appt even though they're all booked.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ngaiz For This Useful Post:

Lottiemum  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I suffered PTSD after my son's birth, and got counselling initially from a mental health nurse, and then from a psychiatrist when my recovery plateaued. I'd suggest seeing your gp - they can write a mental health plan that will reduce your costs hugely. I hit the Medicare safety net, so my psych consults cost me less that $25.
    I'm currently 36w, and I can't believe how positively I feel about birth this time. I'm so glad I've had the help to get to this point.