+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Views on hypoallergic mattress/covers/quilts etc??

Hi everyone, I am thinking of buying a new mattress for DD 2.5yr(queen bed) as well as quilt/mattress/pillow case cover all hypoallergic...
    she has been diagnosed with asthma as well as suffers from eczema so wanted opinion from other hubbers who have made the switch to hypoallergic and whether it was worth the money??
    would also love suggestions for any particular brand suggestion !

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    bump

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I have asthma but only have a hypoallergenic pillow. The brand is Hilton. I opt for a contour pillow because I've had a lot of physio on my neck but they sell regular shaped pillows too in the low, medium and high profiles. I actually find the hypoallergenic pillows much easier to kept clean than the old ones. They go straight in the washing machine and come out fresh and retaining their shape.

SS is allergic to dust mites and suffers from eczema but we haven't worried about buying anything hypoallergenic for him. We just make sure that bedlinen is washed and changed regularly.

We have Onkaparinga quilts which are not specifically hypoallergenic but I've always been happy with them.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes I've decked out our beds in hypoallergenic pillows and quilts and dustmite-proof pillow covers and enveloped mattress covers. My DS2's eczema has improved, but I did a few changes to his management at the same time so it's hard to say if it made a difference or not. But when your little one suffers eczema, anything is worth a try.

I can't remember the brands of all the stuff I got, I spent about $500, the top of the line ones would have been over $1k which I just couldn't afford nor justify.

I also wash their sheets weekly.

My DD suffers from asthma and I haven't noticed a difference in that since buying the new stuff.