+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0

    Default Laser eye surgery in Perth

    Hi

    I know this question has been asked before but I'm so confused on how to pick where to get laser eye surgery in Perth. My eyesight is –1.25 so I don't need glasses all the time but am wearing them a lot more and I find wearing contacts kind of uncomfortable so that’s why I'm thinking of getting the surgery but I have no idea how to pick where to get it done, can anyone give me recommendations and rough idea of how much it cost?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    102
    Reviews
    0
    I went for an appt at LaserVision in Subi, to see if I qualified. I am able to get it done and passed the qualifying test as such. 2 people I know have had their eyes done via there, and have had great results. However the down side is that it cost $4K each eye !! When the people I knew had it done, it was around $2K an eye, but obviously it has increased since then I have been tempted to ring Lions Eye Institute and see what their price is. grrrr. Hence I haven't had it done, as much as I would love to.

  3. #3
    BH-KatiesMum's Avatar
    BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Perth WA
    Posts
    22,410
    Thanks
    5,372
    Thanked
    5,815
    Reviews
    3
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I dont know about costs, but my FIL had his done through the Lions Eye Institute ... and they were fantastic.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,487
    Thanks
    921
    Thanked
    551
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    I went for an appt at LaserVision in Subi, to see if I qualified. I am able to get it done and passed the qualifying test as such. 2 people I know have had their eyes done via there, and have had great results. However the down side is that it cost $4K each eye !! When the people I knew had it done, it was around $2K an eye, but obviously it has increased since then I have been tempted to ring Lions Eye Institute and see what their price is. grrrr. Hence I haven't had it done, as much as I would love to.
    I had my eyes done here and can't recommend them enough. I saw Dr Philip McGeorge. Although I found it painful and uncomfortable I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hands down best thing I have done. I think I paid about $7,000 for both eyes but this was in 2010 so I am assuming it has gone up. I think you can have each eye done separately but it ends up costing more. Unfortunately there is no Medicare rebate as they classify it as 'cosmetic' and an optional treatment which sucks. I think there are a few places around which offer 'interest free' terms to pay it off, might be worth a look into?


    ME 28 Mild endo, Mild pcos : DH 33
    TTC # 1 : 3 years : OI x 3 BFN : IUI x 3 BFN IVF # 1 BFP! DS born 29/9/13

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I emailed Lions Laser Vision to see about costs and its $140 for the consultation and $3,250 per eye for the laser eye surgery. Its alot more expensive than what I thought it would be, not really sure what I'm going to do now!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    102
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Margi8 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I emailed Lions Laser Vision to see about costs and its $140 for the consultation and $3,250 per eye for the laser eye surgery. Its alot more expensive than what I thought it would be, not really sure what I'm going to do now!
    Yep I was the same, price totally through me. I am thinking I will just wait for the day that private health cover it lol. Although I might be waiting a while....

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,256
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked
    368
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post
    I had my eyes done here and can't recommend them enough. I saw Dr Philip McGeorge. Although I found it painful and uncomfortable I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hands down best thing I have done. I think I paid about $7,000 for both eyes but this was in 2010 so I am assuming it has gone up. I think you can have each eye done separately but it ends up costing more. Unfortunately there is no Medicare rebate as they classify it as 'cosmetic' and an optional treatment which sucks. I think there are a few places around which offer 'interest free' terms to pay it off, might be worth a look into?


    ME 28 Mild endo, Mild pcos : DH 33
    TTC # 1 : 3 years : OI x 3 BFN : IUI x 3 BFN IVF # 1 BFP! DS born 29/9/13
    I had the procedure done by Dr McGeorge at sjog Murdoch. I had it done in 2001 and it was around $2K per eye then.

    I was very happy with Dr McGeorge and have not had a single problem since having them done.

    It really was worth every cent.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    13
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked
    0
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    Yep I was the same, price totally through me. I am thinking I will just wait for the day that private health cover it lol. Although I might be waiting a while....
    Hi 4LeafClover

    Just to let you know I contacted a few more places and this is an email I just got back from one:

    "Thank you for your interest in New Vision laser eye surgery.
    The consultation is $220.

    We are running a special that ends on 30th of June. which is $2550.00 per eye. That includes surgeons fee, post op drops, facility, and post op visits.

    We do offer a free assessment."

    All the others were about the same price ($6500) but I don't know much about this one yet, thought you might be interested though!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    204
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked
    102
    Reviews
    0
    Wow, thank you Margi8. Wander if that means you have to get it done by then....hmm. Would also be good at tax time, cos you can put it down in your tax refund


 

Similar Threads

  1. Perth laser treatment recommendations
    By misho in forum Beauty
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 23-05-2014, 21:26
  2. anyone had laser eye surgery?
    By GlitterFarts in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 18-10-2013, 07:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
Springfree Trampoline
Give the Ultimate Christmas Gift Springfree Trampoline
The World's Safest Trampoline™ is now also the world's first Smart Trampoline™. Sensors on the mat detect your every move and your jumps control fun, educational and active games on tablet. Secure the Ultimate Christmas Gift today!
sales & new stuffsee all
True Fairies
True Fairies is the first interactive website where children can engage and speak with a real fairy through the unique webcam fairy portal. Each session is tailored to the child, and is filled with enchantment and magic.
Visit website to find out more!
featured supporter
Innovations Sports Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer Post Natal Pilates Classes taken by our Physios. These classes help you rebuild strength through your Core and Pelvic Floor.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!