+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Laser eye surgery in Perth

Hi

I know this question has been asked before but I'm so confused on how to pick where to get laser eye surgery in Perth. My eyesight is –1.25 so I don't need glasses all the time but am wearing them a lot more and I find wearing contacts kind of uncomfortable so that’s why I'm thinking of getting the surgery but I have no idea how to pick where to get it done, can anyone give me recommendations and rough idea of how much it cost?

Thanks
    Reviews
    I went for an appt at LaserVision in Subi, to see if I qualified. I am able to get it done and passed the qualifying test as such. 2 people I know have had their eyes done via there, and have had great results. However the down side is that it cost $4K each eye !! When the people I knew had it done, it was around $2K an eye, but obviously it has increased since then I have been tempted to ring Lions Eye Institute and see what their price is. grrrr. Hence I haven't had it done, as much as I would love to.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    I dont know about costs, but my FIL had his done through the Lions Eye Institute ... and they were fantastic.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    I went for an appt at LaserVision in Subi, to see if I qualified. I am able to get it done and passed the qualifying test as such. 2 people I know have had their eyes done via there, and have had great results. However the down side is that it cost $4K each eye !! When the people I knew had it done, it was around $2K an eye, but obviously it has increased since then I have been tempted to ring Lions Eye Institute and see what their price is. grrrr. Hence I haven't had it done, as much as I would love to.
    I had my eyes done here and can't recommend them enough. I saw Dr Philip McGeorge. Although I found it painful and uncomfortable I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hands down best thing I have done. I think I paid about $7,000 for both eyes but this was in 2010 so I am assuming it has gone up. I think you can have each eye done separately but it ends up costing more. Unfortunately there is no Medicare rebate as they classify it as 'cosmetic' and an optional treatment which sucks. I think there are a few places around which offer 'interest free' terms to pay it off, might be worth a look into?

ME 28 Mild endo, Mild pcos : DH 33
    TTC # 1 : 3 years : OI x 3 BFN : IUI x 3 BFN IVF # 1 BFP! DS born 29/9/13

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I emailed Lions Laser Vision to see about costs and its $140 for the consultation and $3,250 per eye for the laser eye surgery. Its alot more expensive than what I thought it would be, not really sure what I'm going to do now!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Margi8 View Post
    Thanks everyone for the replies. I emailed Lions Laser Vision to see about costs and its $140 for the consultation and $3,250 per eye for the laser eye surgery. Its alot more expensive than what I thought it would be, not really sure what I'm going to do now!
    Yep I was the same, price totally through me. I am thinking I will just wait for the day that private health cover it lol. Although I might be waiting a while....

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeamCarts View Post
    I had my eyes done here and can't recommend them enough. I saw Dr Philip McGeorge. Although I found it painful and uncomfortable I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hands down best thing I have done. I think I paid about $7,000 for both eyes but this was in 2010 so I am assuming it has gone up. I think you can have each eye done separately but it ends up costing more. Unfortunately there is no Medicare rebate as they classify it as 'cosmetic' and an optional treatment which sucks. I think there are a few places around which offer 'interest free' terms to pay it off, might be worth a look into?

ME 28 Mild endo, Mild pcos : DH 33
    TTC # 1 : 3 years : OI x 3 BFN : IUI x 3 BFN IVF # 1 BFP! DS born 29/9/13
    I had the procedure done by Dr McGeorge at sjog Murdoch. I had it done in 2001 and it was around $2K per eye then.

I was very happy with Dr McGeorge and have not had a single problem since having them done.

It really was worth every cent.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by 4LeafClover View Post
    Yep I was the same, price totally through me. I am thinking I will just wait for the day that private health cover it lol. Although I might be waiting a while....
    Hi 4LeafClover

Just to let you know I contacted a few more places and this is an email I just got back from one:

"Thank you for your interest in New Vision laser eye surgery.
    The consultation is $220.

We are running a special that ends on 30th of June. which is $2550.00 per eye. That includes surgeons fee, post op drops, facility, and post op visits.

We do offer a free assessment."

All the others were about the same price ($6500) but I don't know much about this one yet, thought you might be interested though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow, thank you Margi8. Wander if that means you have to get it done by then....hmm. Would also be good at tax time, cos you can put it down in your tax refund