+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is your dh a good man?
    Better than good, he is the most amazing, caring, loving man I've ever met. He goes out of his way to make my world the best place it can be.

If you knew then what you know now would you still have married or partnered up with your dh .?
    Absolutely. Actually, the more I know about him, the more concrete that answer becomes.

Is he ' the one ' ?
    Most definitely.

Do you wish you had of remained single?
    Absolutely not.

And, to answer your question OP about why can't you find a good one. Don't give up hope. I was married to someone I wasn't suited to for many many years before we were divorced, then, just when I thought I would resign myself to the fact that all men were obviously the same and I would be alone forever....my now DH appeared.

There are many many men out there who are amazing. I used to think those men were just rare freaks of nature (my Dad and my Brother are amazing men too - I thought they were the only ones ) but they're not. From what I've seen and experienced, it's very commonplace for people to tell the stories about the ones who cheat, the ones who lie, the bad relationships - but much less commonplace for us to put our hand up and say "You know what? My relationship is amazing. My DH is incredible". For some very sad reason, some people seem to be a bit uncomfortable with people blurting out how wonderful their relationship is (or worse, think they're probably just making it sound better than it really is) so it's usually the scandalous and heartbreaking stories you hear. The good stories are out there, I promise

2. The Following User Says Thank You to HillDweller For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your dh a good man? Yes.

If you knew then what you know now would you still have married or partnered up with your dh .? Yes.

Is he ' the one ' ? Hope so!

Do you wish you had of remained single? Not even a little bit.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Cheese Please For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Yes, my DH is a good man and great father

yes, I still would have married him, although at times I struggle with emotional stuff, he's not really romantic or sensitive, but is great in so many other areas

yes, I think he's the one, it's over 10 yrs we've been together and doesn't feel like that at all, I still get a little bit excited when I hear he's home

Very glad I am partnered, not sure how I ended up with a good one, just lucky I think.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to tootiredtosleep For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your DH a good man? Yes

If you knew then what you know now would you still have married him? Yes in a heartbeat although I do wish I had me him sooner.

Is he the one? Yes

Do you wish you had remained single? No not at all

8. The Following User Says Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your dh a good man?
    Yes.

If you knew then what you know now would you still have married or partnered up with your dh .?
    Hmmm I'm not so sure.

Is he ' the one ' ?
    He is 'the one' that was supposed to father my beautiful DD

Sometimes

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SpecialK For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Is your DF a good man? He is the best. He is the most loyal, loving, caring, wonderful man I have ever met.

Would I have still married him? Well we aren't married yet but I would marry him every single day.

In he the one? Without a doubt. I knew the second I laid eyes on him that he was the one. I had a boyfriend of 2 years the day we met and after only talking for an hour I called and ended things with him. DF and I have been together ever since.

Do you wish you have remained single? No way! This man is my everything.

I believe there are a lot more good men than bad. Its just the bad get spoken about more often.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lincolns mummy For This Useful Post:

HillDweller  (11-06-2014),sunnyflower  (11-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is your dh a good man?
    Yes, he's the best! I feel blessed to share my life with him.

If you knew then what you know now would you still have married or partnered up with your dh?
    I would have gotten my act together earlier and started dating him sooner. We were both with other people when we first met. It was about a year between when we first met and when we actually started dating one another. A wasted year of dating disasters on both our parts...

Is he ' the one '?
    Yes, definitely. And I knew he was "the one" within a couple of dates. We even took a break about 6 months into our relationship (things were moving very fast and DH, as a divorcee, didn't want to rush into anything again) but it was a horrible time for both of us and we became much closer when we got back together. In the 9 years we've been together our love has grown more and more intense. I love him more now than the day I married him because we have that many more shared experiences with one another. We face challenges as a united front, we talk through our issues together, we have so many shared interests and are the very best of friends. He means the world to me.

Ugh, not in a million years

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Is your dh a good man?
    Amazing generous kind funny sexy tolerant patient passionate and loyal.

If you knew then what you know now would you still have married or partnered up with your dh?
    Sure would.

Is he ' the one ' ?
    I didn't believe in the one til I met fell in love and married him it's just so right even when we have a rough patch.

No way love being married to him!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Is your dh a good man?

Yes, DP is a very good man. I feel lucky every day that I have him and he feels the same way. He is the most thoughtful, kind, loving, affectionate, passionate, responsible, wonderful man I've ever met.

Absolutely, yes. We both wish we had met each other 15 years ago and had kids together (he's got 3 boys and I've got a boy and a girl, 5 kids all up).

Is he ' the one ' ?

Yes, we want to grow old together. He's my best friend and we just have such a good time together. If anything ever happened to him I don't know if I'd ever be able to find someone like him.

​No way!!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hollywood For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Is your dh a good man?
    - yep. There's not a mean bone in his body. We are so alike in some ways yet so different in others. We are currently trying for babies, so I imagine I'll see a whole other side of him when babies come along. I can't wait

- yep

Is he ' the one ' ?
    - yep I think so. He was my big high school crush when I was in yr 11 and him yr 12. Our families were friends so we were in each other's lives off and on from about the age of 14. It took us a few years, but we got together about 2 months after I got out of a previous relationship and have never looked back. I think we were always meant for each other, just the timing wasn't right. As DH often says, he had lots of friends who were girls but didn't really notice girls until he was in his early 20s, and the girl he noticed was me (but I was in a relationship at the time). Once DH knew I was single, that was it

- nope, I love our life. It might be boring to some, but it's our life and we're happy.

20. The Following User Says Thank You to M'LadyEm For This Useful Post:

sunnyflower  (12-06-2014)