+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post

I have had two miscarriages in my life. One at 9 weeks and the other at 13. My reaction at the time was that it was nature taking its course, that the event was unfortunate and upsetting but I didn't dwell on it as such. I processed it and moved on. My following pregnancies were full term and without incident. I have healthy, beautiful kids (that presently keep me up at all hours)

Now - gosh, I'm tearing up as I write this - now when I think of this part of the book I feel awful, as though I didn't pay enough attention or pray long enough...that somewhere in heaven there are two kids running around with no names waiting to meet me. Part of me tells me this is stupid. Just stupid. That the book was a load of crap, smacked of coaching and should be disregarded. Then another part of me asks what if..niggle, niggle.

Can I get some balance from you please? It's really bothering me for some reason.

Thanks.
    IMO, this book has done you a complete disservice. You felt resolved and at peace about your miscarriages, and now this book has made you feel guilty - as if you have abandoned your unborn children in heaven because you don't think about them as bigger children running around.

The way you had processed and dealt with your miscarriages was healthy and reasonable. Without sounding insensitive about the book, just because his belief system is that miscarriages become real children running around in heaven, doesn't mean he is right or that you should think the same way. And even if there is a possibility that his version of heaven is right, I don't think your children will be sitting in heaven wondering why you haven't been thinking of them all the time.

Life is hard enough without us heaping a pile of unnecessary guilt onto ourselves. You sound like a lovely person and if you do get to meet your angels in heaven one day then won't that be wonderful. But for now, I would carry on as you had been before you read that book.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GingerKat For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (16-06-2014),PinkPopsicle  (20-07-2014),SHAELEEJANE  (20-07-2014),SpecialPatrolGroup  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Deleted
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 14-06-2014 at 16:53.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I saw it anyway, Ozeymumof5.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    I saw it anyway, Ozeymumof5.
    Sorry, i got what you said mixed up...I thought they were the same author hence why I thought he was contradicting himself.

I like to believe our Anzac Ode- 'They shall not grow old, as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn...
    Last edited by ozeymumof5; 16-06-2014 at 08:01.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I read the book and I enjoyed it....but somehow that part kind of bothered me. I have had a miscarriage and I know my baby is in heaven With God. I believe I will be reunited with the baby but my reason for heaven is seeing Jesus primarily. There is still I need to study about our time in heaven and what we will do and who we will know. Our relationships will change in heaven so the baby(s) I have lost may not be my babies in heaven....not sure if I am making sense. Sorry to hear about your losses...hugs..

7. The Following User Says Thank You to peppertrees2014 For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You make perfect sense, Peppertrees. Thanks for your reply. I, too, am sorry to know of your loss.

Since posting this thread, I have since dismissed the book entirely. Upon further investigation, I realise now the book was written by the father with no input from the son but of what his interpretation was of heaven and how we should live our lives. He also made a lot of money from the book and no longer has the serious financial difficulties he and his wife once had.

I'm not sure what was worse - having to undergo the sorrow of wondering whether I'd done something wrong or the disappointment in realising I'd been taken for a ride.

Still, in life, you learn your lesson and move on. I've learned mine. Trust only respected sources and not opportunist "pastors"!

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

MilkingMaid  (08-07-2014),Phony  (08-07-2014)

SuperGranny is offline Worlds best grandma! Winner 2012 - Most Helpful Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    hi mrstikle. I have not read this particular book, so I have no comment on it, and I understand your feelings, but please don't reject all books on the same basis. people write to share their thoughts and expierences, and im sure, with some wish to help others. some books do help and really answer all your questions, others might just go some way towards an answer, and others might leave you totally lost. if you feel you need to look further for some quidence don't avoid books, there are a lot of good ones about. hugs, marie.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I don't really know what I believe but I like to think of great grandmother looking after my babies I have lost until they're ready to come back to us. She loved looking after children & I like to think of any losses I have had are safe with her

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rocky27 For This Useful Post:

Bluebirdgirl  (20-07-2014),Mrs Tickle  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocky27 View Post
    I don't really know what I believe but I like to think of great grandmother looking after my babies I have lost until they're ready to come back to us. She loved looking after children & I like to think of any losses I have had are safe with her
    This is how I felt about my miscarriage too, that the soul would be with my Nana.
    I was raised Christian and still keep a strong faith. I haven't read the book, only seen the trailer for the movie. I sort of take any accounts of going to heaven from anyone with a grain of salt. I can't say whether it's true or not, I just don't pay much mind to them because of that.
    I know that because I believe in the bible I should believe what a pp has said a about the dead not knowing anything, but funnily I was not taught this at church.
    I have lost some very special people to me and to think that they are just suspended somewhere, I don't know. But I've been under a general 3 times in my life and not had a single dream or anything while I was, which makes me crazy as I dream every night when I sleep, every night! So yeh, mysteries of life. Maybe death is like being under?
    I think it matters more how we are living right now than what we think happens after death.
    I prefer to think of my lost embryo in heaven. With my nana and best friend.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluebirdgirl For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (10-01-2015)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi. I am a christian and love jesus with all my heart. I believe your babies are up in heaven having the best of time. God is their dad and jesus has named both of them. They are fully fulfilled up there as it is perfect in heaven, the only place of true complete fulfillment. I believe they are up there, being loved perfectly by Jesus Christ, and all their needs are provided for up there. They worship God as we speak and love him perfectly.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jane17031703 For This Useful Post:

Mrs Tickle  (10-01-2015),SuperGranny  (12-01-2015)