+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    We strip the complete bed weekly, change everything over and throw the used linen in wash.
    Because I fold multiple sets and keep them in linen closet, they get pretty wrinkly, so I just use the steamer on it all. Even my older girls have started steaming their fresh linen.

Edit: we have no pets, but have a 4 year old. Also we work shift work so our bed is slept in sometimes 24/7 rotating between DH and I. And I've been sweating lots while pregnant!!
    Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Wash the fitted sheet, flat sheet and pillowcases once per week and usually dry in the dryer. I wash the doona cover about once per month and the blanket about once a year!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I wash all linen once a week, we don't use a top sheet or I probably wouldn't bother with the quilt cover so often!

I don't even own an iron, I just fold as it comes out of the dryer/off the line.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just curious, why do some not use a top sheet? Isn't it easier to wash a top sheet more often than a doona cover?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by TeBe View Post
    Just curious, why do some not use a top sheet? Isn't it easier to wash a top sheet more often than a doona cover?
    I find if I use a top sheet it ends up crumpled up at the bottom of the bed anyway - kinda defeats the purpose of putting it on.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Loool ironing sheets, not in a gazillion years

Mine all get washed once a week and hung out to dry. We have a top and bottom sheet but cause of our cats the doona cover gets washed every week as well.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Demonica For This Useful Post:

Bubbles10  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I wash my sheets and pillowcases weekly. Doona cover when it looks dirty. Could be every 3-4 months, perhaps more often in winter as it's tucked right up around our necks, arms etc.

I iron my pillowcases, I iron my Doona cover. If my sheets are going straight back on my bed, I don't iron (but only cos DH was giving me such a hard time about ironing my sheets). If they are going in the linen cupboard they do. Despite hating ironing, I hate the look of crumpled clothes, linen more. I expect sheets at a hotel to be ironed, so I would never put crumpled, un ironed sheets on our guest bed. Slightly OT but I can't stand the look if people going out/ to work with crumpled, un ironed shirts etc, it just looks lazy. It's one of my main gripes with society haha

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have never ironed a sheet before. I was curious to know if others iron their dooona cover because sometimes I think mine looks a bit wrinkly.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I change the sheets every 3rd day, it all goes on the dryer and comes out crinkle free so no need to iron. I don't even own an iron lol!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I iron pillowcases and doona covers.

Me 39 DF 35
    DD ICSI April 2011
    DD natural November 2013