+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Constipation in 12 year old boy...can not eating cause this?

MIL phoned me last Friday to tell me her grandson(who is in her care) had black diarrhea.She took him to the hospital and they ran some blood tests.Stool was tested for blood but all clear. They told her to keep an eye on him if any change.He had not passed anything since last Friday and she called me tonight to tell me he had finally gone. A week or so ago she contacted Dh to say they had no food(no money). Today we bought some food and the child had a good meal.(We saw to that). I was wondering if it wasn't constipation and rather the fact they he had not eaten.He has lost some weight and he and his sister are quite thin(since last I saw them) which was about 4 weeks ago prior today.She is waiting on blood test results. We are concerned for him and his sister.
    Last edited by peppertrees2014; 09-06-2014 at 22:16. Reason: Mods can you please delete(thanks!)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It may not cause constipation but lack if food will certainly slow gut transit time and make you go less often. Sounds like the home life of these two isn't ideal at the moment, I hope things improve.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to amyd For This Useful Post:

peppertrees2014  (09-06-2014)

Similar Threads

1. What's your 1 year old eating?
    By Babymakin101 in forum General Parenting Tips, Advice & Chat
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-03-2014, 00:01
  2. Fussy 3.4 year old eater with constipation ....
    By starburst81 in forum 3 year olds
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 14:02
  3. Long-Term constipation in 1 year old
    By TotSnot in forum General Child Health Issues
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 19-08-2013, 09:22