+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts

Default Coconut water

I have read all the benefits of coconut water and because my goal this year is to get DH, myself and the kids healthier I have decided to start having coconut water a few times a day but when I went looking to buy some I found that getting powered coconut water was cheaper which is great as the bottles or cans are very pricey but I don't want to buy it if it isn't as good. So who drinks coconut water and if you do is the powered version just as good as the liquid?

SpecialPatrolGroup is offline T-rex is cranky until she gets her coffee.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Have you tasted coconut water? It is all pretty feral. Sorry to be unsupportive. Hopefully someone can give you some constructive responses.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecialPatrolGroup View Post
    Have you tasted coconut water? It is all pretty feral. Sorry to be unsupportive. Hopefully someone can give you some constructive responses.
    Haven't tried it yet but it can't be any worse then spirulina lol

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry no advice on the powered coconut water but I find the regular stuff quite nice 👍

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What about using an unrefined coconut oil to make your own coconut water? From what I've read, unrefined has the most health benefits. I've bought a tub if the oil this week and while it is hard in the tub, it melts in no time even just sitting on your finger.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tried plain coconut water yesterday after boot camp and I promptly threw up! DH had a one that had pineapple flavouring and liked it so might try that because it really seemed to help with post workout recovery. I am thinking about getting a water bottle that has a fruit tube thingo in the middle and buying freeze dried coconut water powder so I can use different fruits and make it to taste.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Becca85 View Post
    What about using an unrefined coconut oil to make your own coconut water? From what I've read, unrefined has the most health benefits. I've bought a tub if the oil this week and while it is hard in the tub, it melts in no time even just sitting on your finger.
    Sorry but this would be disgusting. The oil is made from the flesh of the coconut, coconut water is the actual water inside a coconut. It's a different thing. Both have health properties in different ways. I think OP wants the water for the nutrients and electrolytes after a workout? OP I haven't tried powdered but I don't mind it plain or flavoured. You could always add plain to green smoothies etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Yeh I don't like the taste of the water either ( or does DS unfortunately!) but my SIL ( naturopath) swears by it and drinks it daily - she said the power form is fine and to also add it to water when you are steaming or boiling veggies or add it to smoothies or other juices , which reminds me I might start doing this!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    Sorry but this would be disgusting. The oil is made from the flesh of the coconut, coconut water is the actual water inside a coconut. It's a different thing. Both have health properties in different ways. I think OP wants the water for the nutrients and electrolytes after a workout? OP I haven't tried powdered but I don't mind it plain or flavoured. You could always add plain to green smoothies etc.
    Yes I want it mainly for workouts, before and after to help with recovery.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Elijahs Mum View Post
    Yeh I don't like the taste of the water either ( or does DS unfortunately!) but my SIL ( naturopath) swears by it and drinks it daily - she said the power form is fine and to also add it to water when you are steaming or boiling veggies or add it to smoothies or other juices , which reminds me I might start doing this!
    I only tried a can of the plain so I hope the flavoured is better but I think if I am going to have 2 glasses of it a day getting the powdered and trying to find a good fruit infusion combo I like and making it to my taste might make it easier to swallow