+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default am I the only one that feels this way?

I have been noticing lately that there have been an increasing amount of posts on my local fb buy/sell page from heavily pregnant mothers begging for free baby furniture and other big ticket baby items. I undestand that things happen in life and circumstances change. but the things that annoys me about this are:
    -these women are requesting specific high end brands for free

-the prevalence that is happening. ie they cant all be having life disasters
    - pregnancy doesn't happen in a day. why dont they plan and budget like the rest of us.

am I just being cruel? maybe im being hormonal

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    im not a member of any of those types of pages because people low ball so badly. and i cant stand to see it.

they cant be too desperate if they are asking for specific brands. that seems suss to me.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I haven't seen this, but if I was desperate for free stuff I wouldn't be choosy about brands!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Mod-Degrassi For This Useful Post:

giggle berry  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator - Thank you
    Bubhub Blogger
    One of my pet hates is people 'in need' that are ridiculously picky.

When we were in need I accepted anything that would help us. heck, my bedside tables were collected using a trolley during kerbside collection

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Izy For This Useful Post:

dancingchipmunk  (08-06-2014),lilypily  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'd be Suss if they're specifically asking for the more expensive brands. I've heard of people doing this (trying to source as many free items as they can from sites like zilch etc) and then selling the items to make a profit.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to sky1 For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sadly someone I know has done this to me! I gave them an item as they 'needed' it and they put it on fb to sell at a profit - but under a false name when confronted they said it was a similar item.. Um NO it was mine the photos even showed a mark I made.

Someone on a local buy swap sell page was trying to sell a $4 target basics baby top for $15!! They said they had just been given it but wrong gender so wanted to sell. A lady posted a link target online to show her the price.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've been noticing a lot of posts on my local one saying someone is coming down or moving this way and are desperate for things. I never reply. Seems a bit odd to me.

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Wissa View Post
    Sadly someone I know has done this to me! I gave them an item as they 'needed' it and they put it on fb to sell at a profit - but under a false name when confronted they said it was a similar item.. Um NO it was mine the photos even showed a mark I made.

Someone on a local buy swap sell page was trying to sell a $4 target basics baby top for $15!! They said they had just been given it but wrong gender so wanted to sell. A lady posted a link target online to show her the price.

omg this disgusts me so bad. people can be so shady. gross!

bunkx is offline Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect. It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I have noticed it a bit lately it's annoying and suss!!

What's worse is when I have listed free things on Gumtree and people want it but want me to drive like 1 1/2 to drop it off because it's too far for them

14. The Following User Says Thank You to bunkx For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    A friend of mine is selling some furniture on a fb page and she had some interest from a lady. She then found out that this lady was advertising her furniture on her page for DOUBLE the price before committing to buy it and low balling my friends price because she was "desperate"! So wrong!