+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Found some interesting comments about beats from some gay guys on a forum. Interesting in that they're saying a lot of the same stuff that's been said in this thread.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1402397191.661473.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1402397204.025234.jpg

2. The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to BettyW For This Useful Post:

babyblu11  (11-06-2014),Butterfly39  (16-06-2014),Gothel  (10-06-2014),HearMeRoar  (10-06-2014),KaraB  (10-06-2014),MilkingMaid  (15-06-2014),Mrs Tickle  (16-06-2014),MsViking  (10-06-2014),VicPark  (10-06-2014),Zombie_eyes  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    In fairness, I think beats started out in the first place because being gay was illegal. Obviously this is not the case any more, but there is still a lot of stigma attached and a lot of discrimination. If we want people to stop engaging in secret sex at beat locations, we need to stop discrimination.

Also - as PP have mentioned, go down to Bondi beach at night on the weekend and you'll see heaps of hetro couples going at it. Is that better? Or worse? Or the same?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (16-06-2014),MsViking  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    Also - as PP have mentioned, go down to Bondi beach at night on the weekend and you'll see heaps of hetro couples going at it. Is that better? Or worse? Or the same?
    If it's planned like beats, the same.

If it's spontaneous, I still don't agree with it but I don't think it's as bad.

I just don't think public sex is necessary or appropriate in any way.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

HearMeRoar  (15-06-2014),KaraB  (16-06-2014),Mrs Tickle  (16-06-2014),SuperGranny  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I absolutely agree with you. A couple of posts in the thread came across that it was more about the gay thing than the public sex thing. Not yours of course. I hope I was just taking them the wrong way....

Quote Originally Posted by redlipsandpearls View Post
    If it's planned like beats, the same.

If it's spontaneous, I still don't agree with it but I don't think it's as bad.

I just don't think public sex is necessary or appropriate in any way.

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to beebs For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (15-06-2014),HearMeRoar  (15-06-2014),MsViking  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by beebs View Post
    I absolutely agree with you. A couple of posts in the thread came across that it was more about the gay thing than the public sex thing. Not yours of course. I hope I was just taking them the wrong way....
    For some people it probably is :thumbdown:

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

beebs  (15-06-2014),BettyW  (15-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    In fairness, I think beats started out in the first place because being gay was illegal. Obviously this is not the case any more, but there is still a lot of stigma attached and a lot of discrimination. If we want people to stop engaging in secret sex at beat locations, we need to stop discrimination.
    What's fair about a beat? Seriously. Historically, beats were for men who did not identify themselves as gay and wanted to have sex with other men. This is still the case today so while some would find gay sex abhorrent, that doesn't mean they would actively discriminate against them. If you speak to people about their opinions of beats, as I have, a lot will say it's the venue and the dangers associated with the activity that disgusts them not whether the participants are gay or straight. TBH, the gay community by and large does not support beat culture.

The discrimination thing is old hat. Modern society accommodates the gay community far more comprehensively now than it ever has and, in some cases to the detriment of other members of society. This is not to say they've never been discriminated against but in this day and age they have it good. Whereas if I want to breastfeed my baby at work I have to go to the toilet to do it. Wait a minute...I'm not allowed to have my baby at work and yet my colleagues can bring in their six year olds....

Some posters have mentioned the moral factor and while I agree it's not something I would rally against as each to his/her own is my motto. But if it has the potential to hurt people then yes, it should be ferretted out and stomped on. Thankfully, Police seem to be doing this rather successfully in my area.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Mrs Tickle For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    [QUOTE
    The discrimination thing is old hat. Modern society accommodates the gay community far more comprehensively now than it ever has and, in some cases to the detriment of other members of society. This is not to say they've never been discriminated against but in this day and age they have it good[/QUOTE]

Sorry but I disagree, in part. Yes things are better than they were but there is still plenty of discrimination that goes on, I say this as a very close friend to several openly gay people, including one who only came out very recently plus a member of my immediate family . Its also very easy to make comments such as this as a heterosexual person who has not ever experienced discrimination due to sexual orientation. How would you feel if a man on BH made the comment "women have it good these days, often to their rights are taken care of to the detriment of men" particularly given your own experience of the difficulties of bf'ing/pumping in the workplace?

I'm also not altogether comfortable about some of the comments on this thread which seem to be saying that GAY public sex is a problem, not public sex in general (Not trying to single you out here, this point is secondary to my comments above and more a general comment ).

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

BettyW  (17-06-2014),deku  (16-06-2014),Que Sera  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    The discrimination thing is old hat. Modern society accommodates the gay community far more comprehensively now than it ever has and, in some cases to the detriment of other members of society. This is not to say they've never been discriminated against but in this day and age they have it good. Whereas if I want to breastfeed my baby at work I have to go to the toilet to do it. Wait a minute...I'm not allowed to have my baby at work and yet my colleagues can bring in their six year olds....
    Can you please elaborate on 'in some cases to the detriment of other members of society'? In what way?

And as for the gay community having it good, you do realise they don't have the same basic right to marry like hetero couples?

16. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to atomicmama For This Useful Post:

amyd  (16-06-2014),BettyW  (17-06-2014),Lillynix  (16-06-2014),MsViking  (16-06-2014),Que Sera  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sorry but I disagree, in part. Yes things are better than they were but there is still plenty of discrimination that goes on, I say this as a very close friend to several openly gay people, including one who only came out very recently plus a member of my immediate family . Its also very easy to make comments such as this as a heterosexual person who has not ever experienced discrimination due to sexual orientation. How would you feel if a man on BH made the comment "women have it good these days, often to their rights are taken care of to the detriment of men" particularly given your own experience of the difficulties of bf'ing/pumping in the workplace?

I'm also not altogether comfortable about some of the comments on this thread which seem to be saying that GAY public sex is a problem, not public sex in general (Not trying to single you out here, this point is secondary to my comments above and more a general comment ).[/QUOTE]

I agree that there is still a long way to go in equality ( for both homosexuals and females)
    However in terms of your comment with gay public s3x. The op was regarding her witnessing married men go off to have gay s3x, so this thread theme was based on that;
    also back to your comments regarding discrimination, this in tern causes higher potential for violence. Gay s3x due to discrimination and hatred causes greater risk of violence than heterosexual s3x, therefore unfortunately it is riskier for participants and innocent bystanders.
    Many of the comments relating to it also are backed up with other social issues.
    heterosexual s3x in beats is just 2 people potentially cheating on their partners.
    Homosexual s3x is not only potential partner cheating, but in the case of op so cheating themselves as they're living heterosexual lives.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to maternidade For This Useful Post:

moosey  (16-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    What an interesting thread, I'm off to do some googling!