+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 24 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Tickle View Post
    these acts aren't legal as they're in a public place. It's lewd, gross and creates an unsafe environment for our children.

What should we do about this?
    Not sure if you saw my previous post, case law in Aust exists relating to an occupied public toilet cubicle not being a public place (ie having to go out of your way to see the act, looking over a wall etc). It is legal to meet up with other persons for the purposes of intimate encounters (regardless of gender or preferences, providing there is consent incl ages). Edit- it is not an offence for a person to be at a beat, so long as there is no indecent acts happening within view of the public.

It could be argued that sending an unaccompanied young child anywhere in public could be unsafe.
    Last edited by Que Sera; 10-06-2014 at 02:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    No, I didn't see your previous post sorry. Could you provide the reference for said Case law so that I can have a look at it? Because I do know that in the State of South Australia and Western Australia it is illegal to have sex in a public place and a public toilet is indeed deemed to be a public place, the closing of a door does not automatically deem it private. Granted, there used to be a specific offence for “gross indecency between males in public” and men who had sex at beats were often charged with this. However, this offence no longer exists as it was considered discriminatory, but there is still the general offence of committing an indecent act in public (or, in some cases, in private). So it still means that if you have sex at beats, you could still be charged with a criminal offence. You can also be charged with an offence for loitering as solicitation also draws a very fine line.

It could well be argued that sending an unaccompanied young child anywhere in public could be unsafe but in the context of this thread, the meaning pertains to beats in public places such as parks and toilet blocks.

An accompanied child can also be endangered.

So in keeping with this, what can be done to eradicate this disgusting practice?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HippyGirl85 View Post
    Lol my favourite bubhub post I've ever read! Imagine just reading it without prior context hahaha
    Someone who gets my sick, twisted sense of humour!!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

HippyGirl85  (10-06-2014)

Gothel is offline Skip the drama, stay with Mama!
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Actually I googled those sites and I realised I've been approached before! Pre kids I was waiting for dh near melb airport, at one of the spots listed. I got out of my car to see the planes pass over, and as I stood there a man got out of his car and came towards me, but when I looked away he just kept going and then doubled back to his car. I didn't feel threatened cos he didn't come close but definitely uncomfortable. So I got in my car and left. Damn I could have got some if only I'd known

And recently at a local lake (which is also listed) I was walking on a bush path when I came up on a loitering man (I'm never going to hear that word innocently again). As I came near he calmly disappeared into the bushes, and he came out again after I'd passed. That DID freak me out a bit, having a weird man behind me, so I legged it and haven't gone back there since. I don't think I was in any danger, I think he was waiting for a lunch time rendezvous but still

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I knew these places existed after a gay friend years back admitted to me that he occasionally visited beats at night. At the time I was shocked but mostly just concerned for his welfare. He said to me that in his experience, they're pretty safe and that in a strange way, it's a community of people who look out for one another, to the point of putting the word out (online I guess) if there's been any weirdos hanging around.

All sounds a bit less grubby than what I'm sure the reality is, but I guess the fact that SO many of us don't/didn't even know about the existence of these places until reading this thread, says something.

I'm a bit confused about the comments around children's safety though. Do people think that because a place is used for gay hook ups, that somehow children in the area will be put at risk? How exactly?

Not trying to be facetious, genuinely curious!

7. The Following User Says Thank You to MsViking For This Useful Post:

ChickyBee  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post

I'm a bit confused about the comments around children's safety though. Do people think that because a place is used for gay hook ups, that somehow children in the area will be put at risk? How exactly?

I think it's more to do with children accidently seeing something.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Colbie For This Useful Post:

KaraB  (10-06-2014),MsViking  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbie View Post
    I think it's more to do with children accidently seeing something.
    Or hearing it! :/

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KaraB For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HopefulK View Post

Because they are using public toilets near parks where children are playing every day. Peoples concerns are stated in previous posts so have a read through.
    Basically It's dirty, unhygienic and these children could walk in at any time.not only that but it's attracting all sorts of people to the area, some perhaps may be a bit dodgy.
    Before you ask, yes this happening during the day as well as at night.

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to moosey For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-06-2014),MsViking  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1402358443.406002.jpg
    Found this one by googling my town and meet up spots.
    This one is for a public toilet, the part that makes me uneasy is where it says "lower risk of kids getting in the way of adult fun"
    :what: there is so many things wrong with that... I can't even... Just no.
    If my child ever walked in on something like that I would be livid.
    Why have sex in a place that children frequent? I remember I huge debate on here about sex in public places like children's play grounds and everyone freaking out over the fact that kids play on them after adults have sex on them (was the thread about the swingers club at a indoor play center, people moved on to taking about sex at public play grounds) how is public toilets any better than this? It's not.
    I have no issues with sexuality, but people should have respect and use a hotel or something more private where kids don't "frequent" and destroy "adult fun"
    Attached Images

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Liddybugs For This Useful Post:

atomicmama  (10-06-2014),MsViking  (10-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by moosey View Post
    Because they are using public toilets near parks where children are playing every day. Peoples concerns are stated in previous posts so have a read through.
    Basically It's dirty, unhygienic and these children could walk in at any time.not only that but it's attracting all sorts of people to the area, some perhaps may be a bit dodgy.
    Before you ask, yes this happening during the day as well as at night.
    Yeah I've read through PPs. I guess I was more wondering about physical safety.... Is the danger really that prevalent? Don't get me wrong, I think the whole s$x in public loo/playground thing is a bit yucky and inconsiderate, regardless of whether it's gay/straight. But I'd be more worried about DD actually injuring herself on play equipment than being attacked by someone going to the local beat to get some action.