+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil M View Post
    Please can posters we wary of what you write in the first couple of lines of the the GOT thread as it may contain spoilers. When viewing the latest threads it shows the first couple of lines of the latest post in each thread. I hope that makes sense!!
    Omg yes please!

I was so devastated when the purple wedding was spoiled for me!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigRedV View Post
    She's not asking for a spoiler thread, she's just asking to be mindful.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wannawannabe View Post
    But if people are posting about Masterchef whilst watching it on tv, then I don't think it needs to be a spoiler thread. It's not those people's fault that you're unable to watch it live. All you've gotta do is log onto facebook and see the twenty thousand screenshots that Channel 10 makes during Offspring and Puberty Blues and it's spoiled anyway.

But if people are posting about episodes of shows that haven't been screened on Australian tv yet (Grey's Anatomy is one that comes to mind), then yes they should be spoiler posts.
    I thought it was more don't post spoilers in the first few lines.
    I know when I'm on BH on my phone, the first few lines of any post are visible even when I don't open the thread. So a spoiler can hit you in the face even if you are avoiding that thread.

I actively don't look at the GoT thread before I watch, so if someone writes something like "OMG X DIED!" In line one.... I see it.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

Laydeebug  (08-06-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (07-06-2014),Phony  (07-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    I'm sorry if anything I've posted on the GoT thread has spoiled it for you. I try not to give things away but often forget some people haven't watched it after some have started talking about certain parts of episodes. I completely forgot about the previews on the phone when scrolling. I'll try to be mindful when posting!

Sent from my telecommunications device.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to FrothyFrog For This Useful Post:

Laydeebug  (08-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Test
    Test
    Test
    OMG X DIED!!!

Sorry just seeing what this post looks like when scrolling on the app......

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    ^Bummer that all appeared on one line so it still would have given it away!!

Not sure how to post safely on the app?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Um... I just avoid BH until I've watched it. I don't watch GoT but I watch some of the other shows mentioned. If I see it when scrolling through and it spoils it then that's my problem. I still watch the show. I don't know. .. I kinda think we can't tell others that they shouldn't post their thoughts on the show.
    *Not said in a snarky way by the way!!!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (09-06-2014),haveheart  (09-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooglekat View Post
    ^Bummer that all appeared on one line so it still would have given it away!!

Not sure how to post safely on the app?
    You could write spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler............spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler spoiler

Sent from my telecommunications device.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I know, Tam, and I get what you're saying, and that's always what people say in response when this issue gets brought up. I guess l just think there's not a lot of difference between saying 'please be careful what you post' and 'don't use bubhub/social media', like both could seem mildly unreasonable on the face of it iykwim?

I wish there was a way the techies here could make it possible for users to hide a thread, then there'd be no problem!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    I know, Tam, and I get what you're saying, and that's always what people say in response when this issue gets brought up. I guess l just think there's not a lot of difference between saying 'please be careful what you post' and 'don't use bubhub/social media', like both could seem mildly unreasonable on the face of it iykwim?

I wish there was a way the techies here could make it possible for users to hide a thread, then there'd be no problem!
    True. It's hard isn't it? It's a can't please everyone all of the time thing.
    I have to avoid masterchef thread because I usually watch it on about 30 minute delay. ...

I wish that we could hide threads on the participated feed!! Would be great.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app