+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by callmedragon22 View Post
    That advice is because formula isn't sterile and it's meant to kill the bugs. Meh, I just always hada jug of cooled boiled water (or spring if I forgot to boil it) and warmed the water in the microwave to perfect temp, added power and boom! DS is fussy and always needed a warm bottle.
    That's what I, and a few other I know, did. Perfect temp for bub and never had any issues.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Cue View Post
    We used to fill the bottles with boiled water, let them cool, then store in the fridge. We'd take one out and pop it in the bottle warmer before she was due for a feed then just add formula at feed time.
    What warmer do you have and how do they work?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by CitrusRain View Post
    I used to boil the jug, put 50ml boiling water into the bottle, add formula, leave it for 1 min and then top up with cooled boiled water. I also made ice cubes from boiled water in a sterile breast milk ice cube tray to add if it was too hot.
    Is it ok to add the powder to boiling hot water tho?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ive checked the formula tins of the top brands and some say use cool boiled water, others say 40 degrees, another says 50-60 degrees?

Confusing much?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I've always just boiled the water when setting my bottles up, then leave to cool on the bench. When Bub is hungry I pop a bottle in the microwave for 30 seconds and add in my formula. We've never had a problem

Thanks
    Reviews
    I boil water first thing in the morning before DD gets up and fill all of them for the day and leave. Just add formula when she's ready when it's super cold I zap in the microwave for 10 seconds to warm it slightly

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ended 19/6/2014
    I didn't even know there was such a rule. I use to boil water, let it cool, add formula to room temp or cold water and give it to DS.
    He is now almost 10 so no harm done.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    What warmer do you have and how do they work?
    I can't remember the brand, it was too long ago! It was just a small bottle holder thing (one bottle at a time) and you just put water in the bowl part - it has an element in it that warms the water to a temp that you can adjust, you pop the bottle in the water bowl and it warms it up. I think we got it from Baby Bunting but there are a few versions of these things on the market.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    1000 posts in a week500 Posts in a week
    750 Posts in a week400 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 12/2/15Busiest Member of the Week300 posts in a week
    Another one who boils the water and then gives room temperature bottles. Mum said to me the other day when he was fussing with his bottle "maybe it's too cold for him?" and I said "nah, that wouldn't be it!". Luckily he isn't fussy so I can get away with this, though I do feel mean as it's getting colder and hence the bottles are colder but I figure he gets some lovely body temperature booby milk at the beginning of his feed, why make this formula business harder on myself by faffing about with heating it! 😝

As an aside, I sometimes use a supplemental nursing system when giving him formula so cold milk running across my nipple is my penance for being so lazy! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    I always boil the water and leave it until it's warm in temperature. Then put warm water to thermos. When DS need I just mix warm water and formula. It works really well for us. DS loves warm bottle.