+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews

Default Does anyone else get really annoyed at their parent/s?

I currently live with my mum. For the past year ive just been so damn over her crap its not funny. I dont say anything because I dont want to start an argument (shes the type of person who always thinks shes right, everyone else is wrong).
    She has a whinge that she doesnt have any money and cant afford bills, rent, food etc yet I pay board and pretty much supply every food item in the house. Plus she seems to have enough money to buy a new 3d tv, $200 head set for my brother and shopping on ebay.
    Im pretty much supporting myself, 2 kids and my mother and brother on what I get paid by centrelink which is definately not enough to be supporting and extra 2 adults. Im not complaining about how much money I get, im complaining about how much I have to spend because my mother would rather me waste my money on buying everyone else stuff I cant afford while she just waves all these luxuries in my face.
    She also gets angry at DS all the time, mainly because he is super clingy towards her because she always gives him what he wants. Always.
    It has gotten to the stage where I dont even feel like I have any control over what my son eats, drinks or does because of her. I have told her numerous times to stop doing things, stop giving into him and he wont scream and cry all the time but she never listens!
    It is beyond a joke!
    I guess I just wanted to have a little vent to get some of this off my chest. It has been brewing inside me for too long.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 posts
    Can you move?

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BigRedV For This Useful Post:

cluckcluck  (06-06-2014),MrsPopovski  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Sounds very annoying! Is there any chance you can move out sometime soon?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    300 posts in a week - week ended 11/9/14200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 11/9/14100 Posts in a week
    Hi fluffy,

The sucky thing about being an adult and living with other adults who aren't your SO is that no matter what differences in opinions are going to make you real mad.

Have you considered renting a room with another single mum? I'd definitely consider moving out. As it seems you're already stretched financially so you might even find it a little better to move out and only have to pay for things for you and your ds.

I understand your frustrations. Is moving out an option for you?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    500 Posts in a week
    400 Posts in a week300 posts in a week200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a weekFunniest Caption
    It sounds awful. I would be making plans to move.

Also you said you buy all of the food so is it possible for you to buy only food that you are comfortable feeding your son?

Unfortunately while you are living with her I don't think she will change.

Sent from my telecommunications device.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Moving out is an option. Ive been trying to get a rental for months but unfortunately ive been unsuccessful. Ive even applied for public housing and got knocked back, not that I want to be in that system anyway it was just because I was desperate.
    There is also the fact she tells me all the time I wont be able to live by myself, I wont be able to support myself and blah blah. Sometimes it rubs off on me and then I wake up to myself and just realise she is trying to keep me here to use me.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Gosh that sounds awful, I couldn't stand living like that.. Hope you have some luck with finding a place really soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think you need to speak up, and speak your mind, and in the meantime keep applying for rentals. Keep trying! Independence will make all the difference! All the best, hope it improves soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by fluffykitty View Post
    Moving out is an option. Ive been trying to get a rental for months but unfortunately ive been unsuccessful. Ive even applied for public housing and got knocked back, not that I want to be in that system anyway it was just because I was desperate.
    There is also the fact she tells me all the time I wont be able to live by myself, I wont be able to support myself and blah blah. Sometimes it rubs off on me and then I wake up to myself and just realise she is trying to keep me here to use me.

Gosh that sounds awful. I hope you manage to find something soon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Use your logic. Do 2 budgets. 1 of what you spend now, 1 of what you could afford if you moved out. If you move out you will have LESS responsibility not more so trust that you can do it for you and your child. Sharing with another single parent can work well and in your favour tax wise if they are 'boarding' with you rather than renting.