Closed Thread
Page 58 of 100 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneySoyChicken View Post
    Not sure- lol... I am thinking of getting hubby to hide the tests for me from until at least Saturday or Sunday. I've been getting some cramping on my right side which is unusual but it may not be anything.
    Oh yeah good idea! haha it can be so tempting. My partner heads away for 2 weeks as of tomorrow. I'm testing around the 23rd. He's given me strict instructions, I can't tell him until he returns. that's going to be a difficult especially If its a BFP... Which its going to be!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by kaleissk View Post
    Oh damn @Scanny90 sorry to hear AF arrived. Next cycle!
    How do the digital OPKs work? can you use them more than once?

@HoneySoyChicken your cycles sound a bit like mine. I've had 29, 26, 27 & 25.
    Regular to a certain degree. Will you be testing soon?

@Ponytail, still early days! when's AF due? you using opks? goodluck and hope this Is your month.

Welcome @Tiggzie, all the best with your ttc journey.

Okay so you can buy them from priceline you get a thing that looks like a digital thermometer and then 10 strips (so you use it over 10 days once your period finishes) . you insert a strip each day into the digital OPK and pee on the strip at the same time each day, it comes up with a smiley face if your LH surges and signifies you are ovulating in the next 24-48 hours. i've never used them before - and at the hefty price of $50 I'm hoping it works a treat but will keep you posted.

The annoying thing is you can't buy more strips - you have to buy a whole new pack for the next cycle. so I'm hoping after this cycle i won't need to use it again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanny90 View Post
    The annoying thing is you can't buy more strips - you have to buy a whole new pack for the next cycle. so I'm hoping after this cycle i won't need to use it again.
    I think you can use the same reader again though, can't you? (Though that said there is little benefit I s'pose, because you will get a new one with the new pack anyway).

So, we've decided to test on Saturday morning if I make it that long. Getting some pre-period-like cramping, but who knows. It ain't over till AF arrives.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    @Scanny90 Have you looked online for refills? It seems odd you can't buy more refills for it.

Today i got my results for my blood test last week... hcg was only 75, however i was only around 12/13dpo so i'm hoping that is why it was so low. Had more bloods done today and i'm going to call up tomorrow morning to find out what my hcg levels are. FX all is good... i did another test the other day and the line was so dark, so its still going up which is reassuring i guess.

Had some sad news today, found out my granddad only has a few more days to live. They live over in Newcastle so won't be able to visit him. Just glad they were able to attend our wedding almost 2 years ago. So I have some nice photos with my grandparents. Unfortunately my granddad has been unwell for a long time and didn't remember who I was.

Hows everyone else going?
    Last edited by curlybird; 18-09-2014 at 21:23.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry to hear about your granddad
    That's a good 2nd line @curlybird. It's still early days maybe give it a couple of more days.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cuky For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Got my results from yesterdays blood test and my hcg levels have gone up to 3900. Phew!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to curlybird For This Useful Post:

HoneySoyChicken  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @curlybird - for the HCG levels. I am very sorry to hear about your grandfather. My heart goes out to you and your family.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to HoneySoyChicken For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by curlybird View Post
    @Scanny90 Have you looked online for refills? It seems odd you can't buy more refills for it.

Today i got my results for my blood test last week... hcg was only 75, however i was only around 12/13dpo so i'm hoping that is why it was so low. Had more bloods done today and i'm going to call up tomorrow morning to find out what my hcg levels are. FX all is good... i did another test the other day and the line was so dark, so its still going up which is reassuring i guess.

Had some sad news today, found out my granddad only has a few more days to live. They live over in Newcastle so won't be able to visit him. Just glad they were able to attend our wedding almost 2 years ago. So I have some nice photos with my grandparents. Unfortunately my granddad has been unwell for a long time and didn't remember who I was.

Hows everyone else going?
    @curlybird thats a good line! and great news about your hcg levels. Well I'm hoping i won't need refills but will see at the end of the month - good suggestion i hadn't thought to look online

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Scanny90 For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (19-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @curlybird that's great news!! Congrats!!

sorry to hear about your granddad - life can be bitter sweet. This year my father had a fatal accident the day we found out our test results from the fs (that we fall in the unexplained category). Somehow you find the courage to keep going... Just be there for family and look after yourself (and the little soul growing inside you).

I tested yesterday on cd27 as my last cycle on Clomid was 26 days (usual cycle is between 26 and 29). I had a bfn... I still have no symptoms of AF - I usually get some spotting a couple of days beforehand, but still nothing. Also have had a niggling headache over the last couple of days. Not sure that is going on!! I'm driving myself insane!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiggzie For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (20-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @curlybird yay for the awesome levels!!!! And I'm really sorry to hear about your granddad. Sending you great big hugs.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Dom82 For This Useful Post:

curlybird  (20-09-2014)