+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default DH/DP appreciation thread

There are so many negative threads started about our DP/DHs...i have started a few of them in the past!! So i thought id start a positive one.

I find, sometimes finding the little positive things that your DP/DH does makes you feel better and can even help a relationship even if only for a short period of time.

My DH went away recently for work for 3 weeks. It was so hard and i missed him so much. It really made me realise how much help he really is (though i must admit, some things were a bit easier). Since hes been back he has been a different man. He says nice things to me and gives me cuddles...without the expectation of s3x, He helps me keep the house tidy...something he never did and he has been talking to me while i cook dinner at night...he used to just sit on the computer.

I folded and brought the washing in the other day and left on on the lounge floor to put away later and he put it away without me even asking.
    I work all day on sunday and when i got home the house was nice and tidy, the dishes had been done, he did, not one but TWO loads of washing and brought the dry washing in and he had dinner all defrosted and sitting on the bench ready to be cooked...he was going to cook but i decided i wanted to so i did.

What has your DH/DP done lately that has made you happy??

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loislane2010 For This Useful Post:

Cheese Please  (06-06-2014),Sabelle  (06-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's beautiful Loislane! What a lovely DH you have

Mine is amazing. He owns a pretty successful business, so he is always uber busy at work. He gets in the region of 2000 emails which need attention every day, has to deal with the stresses of being in the public eye, managing staff, dealing with suppliers, organising marketing and advertising ... The list goes on. Meanwhile, this week I've been home every day wallowing in my own self pity about not being able to get pregnant. Despite all of his work pressures and stresses, he gets home and runs me a bubble bath so that I can relax while he cooks dinner (while catching up on emails). And, he booked me a hairdresser appointment to get me out of the house and help me feel better. The man is just utterly selfless.

Other stuff he does:

- Tells me I look pretty every day when I come down for breakfast, even after 7 years of marriage.

- Makes my breakfast for me every day (even on holidays!) He says it is his favourite part of the day and refuses to let me do it myself.

- Listens to me whinge and moan without complaint.

- Supports all of my personal decisions without hesitation, and is eager to discuss/understand my viewpoint in decisions that affect both of us.

- Looks after me when I'm sick.

He basically just does whatever it takes to make me happy. In comparison to him, I'm a pretty average partner

Thanks
    Reviews
    He loves that I am a complete dork, and we have no problems in laughing at each other.

Yes, he drives me bananas sometimes, and we have different ways of looking and reacting to things, but when he comes over to give me a cuddle because I feel bad that a massive gum tree is being cut down the front of our property, that makes me feel special. Anyone else would probably make fun of me and not love me for my big heart, especially when its for feeling bad for a tree...

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH hasn't worked in 2 years due to a severe back injury, we have 3 children under school age, I've been off on maternity leave then back to work part time, usually afternoon shift, he has become amazing around the house and with the kids, and without fail has let me sleep in EVERY single day!!

I love him so much

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 26/9/2014100 Posts in a week
    My hubby is amazing. He works away for 3 weeks at a time (sometimes longer) to provide for our family and his income also allows me to be a SAHM for our 2 little boys.

He sends me messages every day telling me how much he misses me and loves me (and tells me if we get to speak on the phone).

He is a great dad to our 2 boys and when he is home, spends a lot of time with them.

He is very supportive of me in whatever endeavours I embark upon.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    DH is looking after DD all by himself for the weekend while I go away with the girls. I haven't even attempted to do a weekend all by myself yet.

Even though I volunteered to stay home with sick DD he looked after her all night even though he was the one working the next day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great thread! I can't fault my dh. He is the most caring, loyal hubby and a fantastic dad to our boys. We are so very blessed to have such an amazing relationship and marriage. Happy parents = happy children.

Thanks
    Reviews
    This is a great thread!
    My DH is pretty darn good and I am very blessed to have him.

Every morning he gets up when DS (5 months old) wakes up and attends to him, so I can get another hour or so of sleep in the morning.
    He does many awesome little things for me, but this act alone makes me very, very grateful.

Thanks
    Reviews
    DH has been working his butt off 6 days a week so we have a bit of extra money for the baby. He goes to work, comes home and works, and is working an extra job Saturdays for some extra cash which is pretty much paying all of our bills at the moment. Even though I whinge sometimes that he isn't home enough or spends too much time working , I really do appreciate what he does and is doing for our little family, and he works extra hard so I can study and make next to nothing. He's doing his best and he is doing a great job too, maybe I need to tell him more often

Good thread OP!

Thanks
    Reviews
    My DH had the day off yesterday and I came home to an amazingly spotless house and garden. It's the small things... But man that made my day!

Apart from that he's just amazing. He's a massive dork and let's me be a massive dork. Aside from being my best friend, he is such a fantastic dad and I'd be pretty lost without him!